Asparagus and Chicken Stir Fry
Tender and sweet sprigs of fresh asparagus are a wonderful vegetable to add to a quick and easy chicken stir fry recipe. It only takes a few ingredients to make a healthy chicken stir fry with a vegetable that everyone in your family enjoys.
Asparagus Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
Though this recipe calls for asparagus, you can replace or add any other vegetable that you like. The most important thing is that everyone is eating their vegetables. Asparagus is a fantastic vegetable, especially in Spring time when it becomes plentiful. It’s the season now when asparagus is at its peak in the grocery stores and all the farmers markets.
Here’s a quick video making the Asparagus Chicken Stir Fry:
Options for Making the Stir Fry
The sauce in this chicken stir fry has a nice kick of hot sauce and if you’re a sriracha hot sauce fan, you’ll love this chicken stir fry recipe even more because of the nice tangy/sweet and spicy combination that sriracha brings. But if you avoid spicy foods, you can always reduce or leave out the sriracha. This quick chicken stir fry can be made with either boneless skinless chicken breast or chicken thighs and you can serve this stir fry with rice or pasta. What ever you decide to you, don’t be afraid to add extra asparagus because the wonderful, tender taste of these sprigs are fantastic. It’s hard to not love chicken stir fries.
This recipe was originally published in 2013 and re-published in 2021 with a new video and photos!
ASPARAGUS AND CHICKEN STIR FRY RECIPE
- 1/2 pound (225 g) boneless skinless chicken breast or chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 pound (225 g) fresh Asparagus
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) oil
- 1 small onion , minced
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic , fine mince or crushed
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) soy sauce (use Tamari for Gluten Free)
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) sriracha or hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) rice vinegar (use distilled white vinegar for Gluten Free)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper , or to personal taste
- Wash and trim tough ends of asparagus. Cut asparagus into about 1” pieces. Set aside.
- Heat large pan over medium-high heat, then add oil. Add garlic, minced ginger and onions and cook until translucent. Add chicken and cook until the chicken is lightly browned.
- Add soy sauce, hot sauce and vinegar. Stir sauces into chicken and continue cooking the chicken until it’s nearly cooked through.
- Add asparagus tips and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until asparagus is tender and chicken chicken is completely cooked. Season with additional salt and pepper, or to taste.Serve warm with rice or pasta.
Nutrition Information per Serving
Make these Quick & Easy Chicken & Turkey Recipes
- Healthy Turkey Soup Recipe with Kale – Easy 30 Minute Recipe
- Japanese Teriyaki Glazed Chicken
- Meyer Lemon & Rosemary Roasted Chicken
- BBQ Chicken Meatball Sliders
- Chicken Chili Quesadillas