Easy, Creamy Homemade Hummus recipe
Easy Hummus Recipe
Once you’ve made this easy hummus recipe, you’ll wonder why you ever bought the grocery store stuff. Making this homemade isn’t just one of the quick and easy recipes that you’ll always turn to, but you can make the flavors any way you want. Blending the beans with your favorite spices and ingredients makes the hummus delicious with your own special touches. Traditionally this is made with garbanzo beans, but we also love using white beans or cannellini beans. They’re creamy and super easy to blend. What ever you decide to use, the flavors and spices we have make it perfect for everyday lunch or a party platter.
Watch the video for making the Easy, Creamy Hummus Recipe:
Healthy Dip that’s Easy
This homemade hummus recipe is quick and easy that’s made from garbanzo beans, fresh lemon juice, garlic and a few other easy ingredients. Hummus is perfect for a vegetable dip or with crackers, chips or pita chips. The best part about making this hummus dip is that it’s healthy, vegetarian and vegan. This dip is loaded with protein and is the perfect healthy dip recipe for crudite. Add it to a wrap or sandwich as a spread with some of cucumbers, lettuce and tomato and you have an easy healthy lunch!More Spicy Sriracha White Bean Dip Recipe and Tomato Hummus from Kalyn
Basic Creamy Hummus
- 15 oz. (420g) canned garbanzo beans (chickpeas) , drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup (120ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water (optional) plus additional if needed
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) tahini paste
- 2 cloves garlic , chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (8ml) kosher salt , or more to taste
- In blender combine all ingredients (garbanzo beans, olive oil, water, lemon juice, tahini paste, garlic, and salt). Blend until smooth, if necessary stopping blender a few times and stirring mixture to help it blend smooth. If needed blend in one tablespoon of water or additional olive oil at a time to make the hummus creamy and smooth. Use a rubber spatula to help scrape the sides of the blender to bring all the ingredients to the bottom. Rubber spatulas work better than wooden.
- Taste the hummus for seasonign and add extra salt and pepper if needed. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to overnight, allowing the flavors to marry. Hummus will keep for several days stored airtight in the refrigerator.
- Serve with your favorite pita bread, vegetable crudité, crackers, chips, toast, or fried bread.