Baked Jalapeño Cheddar Dip
Our baked jalapeno cheddar dip has the best of both worlds: cheesy savory and spicy!
Easy Jalapeno Popper Dip Recipe for Game Day
There always seems to be an occasion for cheesy dip recipes and though we’ve created quite a few recipes for cheese dips, we wanted to create more spicy versions and voila our baked jalapeno cheddar dip! The balance between cheese and spice is a wonderful combination. Add a bag of crunchy chips and it’s party time! Our hot dip has onions in it which gives makes the whole dip a triple threat! When the onions bake, they begin to caramelize. Add the flavors of cheddar and spicy jalapeño, what you end up with is a fantastic flavor trio that everyone will obsess over.
Best Cheddar Jalapeno Dip
You can customize the amount of jalapeño in our baked cheddar jalapeño dip. Add more for extra spice or a little less for a mild version. What ever you decide, it’ll be a go-to and a party pleaser everyone will devour. And oh, this dip goes great with some ice cold beer for the adults and lemonade for the kiddos! And for another over the top dip, try is delicious buffalo chicken dip!
Video of Baked Jalapeño Cheddar Dip Recipe:
Another great option for this recipe is to use ground sausage. The flavors of the browned ground sausage is amazing, especially when it’s all cooked as a dip. It’s extra flavor and still simple to make. If you buy sausage in the casing, just remove it from the casing and brown it as you would the beef. Hope you enjoy this dip as much as we do!
this recipe was originally published in 2018 and re-published in 2018 and re-published in 2020.
Baked Cheddar Jalapeño Onion Dip
- 8 ounces (227 g) Cream Cheese , at room temperature (1 package)
- 1 cup (225 g) Mayonnaise (preferably Best Foods/Hellmans brand)
- 1 1/2 cups (170 g) freshly grated Cheddar cheese , divided
- 2-3 (2-3 ) Jalapeños , diced (seeded if desired for less spicy)
- 1 medium (1 medium) Onion , diced (try using sweet onion, it'll taste better!)
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) Black Pepper , freshly cracked if possible
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) Chili Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, jalapeños, onion, black pepper, garlic powder, cumin, and chili powder until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 6-inch (15-cm) baking dish or any oven-safe dish. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese on top. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until everything is melted together and the top crust is brown and almost burnt-looking. The darker brown the crust becomes, the better the flavors are.
- Serve with your favorite crusty bread, crackers, slices of tomatoes, or crunchy vegetables such as radishes, jicama, carrots, and celery.