Our baked jalapeno cheddar dip has the best of both worlds: cheesy savory and spicy!
There always seems to be an occasion for cheesy dip recipes and though we’ve created quite a few recipes for cheese dips, we wanted to create more spicy versions and voila our baked jalapeno cheddar dip! The balance between cheese and spice is a wonderful combination. Add a bag of crunchy chips and it’s party time! Our baked cheddar jalapeño dip has onions in it which gives makes the whole dip a triple threat! When the onions bake, they begin to caramelize. Add the flavors of cheddar and spicy jalapeño, what you end up with is a fantastic flavor trio that everyone will obsess over. You can customize the amount of jalapeño in our baked cheddar jalapeño dip. Add more for extra spice or a little less for a mild version. What ever you decide, it’ll be a go-to and a party pleaser everyone will devour. And oh, this baked jalapeño cheddar dip goes great with some ice cold beer for the adults and lemonade for the kiddos!
Watch Delicious Video fo Baked Jalapeño Cheddar Dip being made:
Click here for more —-> Cheesy Dip Recipes
Click here for —-> Best Appetizer Recipes
Here’s a great Chorizo dip recipe when you’re craving cheesy dips!
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese , at room temperature (1 package)
- 1 cup Mayonnaise (preferably Best Foods/Hellmans brand)
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Cheddar cheese , divided
- 2-3 Jalapeños , diced (seeded if desired for less spicy)
- 1 medium Onion , diced (try using sweet onion, it'll taste better!)
- 2 teaspoons Black Pepper , freshly cracked if possible
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, jalapeños, onion, black pepper, garlic powder, cumin, and chili powder until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 6-inch (15-cm) baking dish or any oven-safe dish. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese on top. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until everything is melted together and the top crust is brown and almost burnt-looking. The darker brown the crust becomes, the better the flavors are.
- Serve with your favorite crusty bread, crackers, slices of tomatoes, or crunchy vegetables such as radishes, jicama, carrots, and celery.