Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Ok, be prepared to be eating more brussels sprouts because these crispy air fryer Brussels sprouts are so easy! These crispy brussels sprouts come out of the air fryer in minutes and best of all, very little clean up. You’ll be so happy at how quick and easy these healthy brussels sprouts are to make.
Tips for Delicious Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Try to have similar sized Brussels sprouts so they’ll all cook at a similar timing.
- Season then well with salt & pepper. If you like it with a nice tangy bite, add more balsamic vinegar.
- Raw Brussels sprouts when cooked in the air fryer will have crispy charred edges. If you like them softer, you can par-boil the Brussels sprouts first.
- Trim off the tough bottom core/stem. Peel off the tired and old looking outer layers. Cut the Brussels sprouts into halves or quarters, depending on the size of the Brussels sprouts.
Can you Use Frozen Brussels Sprouts?
Yes, you can but expect them to come out softer than the raw Brussels sprouts. You can cook them from frozen, just add about 3-5 minutes more to the timing if needed.
Video: Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts Recipe
Crispy Brussels Sprouts Using Little Oil
We love brussels sprouts and our collection of brussels sprouts recipes is quite extensive. But these simple and quick air fried brupsles sprouts are so easy, it’s hard to not eat them more often! They use such little oil compared to oven roasted brussels sprouts. Best of all, they cook so much quicker than in the traditional oven. Cooking times will definitely vary depending on the size of brussels sprouts. We like our brussels sprouts brown, crispy and tender. For small to medium brussels sprouts, cut them in half. If they’re larger, then cut them into thirds. Most importantly, try to buy them in all the same size for consistent cooking.
Crispy Air Fryer Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Put brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Evenly drizzle oil and balsamic vinegar over brussels sprouts. Add salt & pepper to taste. Toss the brussels sprouts well to completely coat with the oil and balsamic vinegar. Make sure to toss well to coat all the brussels sprouts. There shouldn't be any liquid left pooling at the bottom of the bowl.
- Add brussels to the air fryer basket. Air fry at 360°F for about 15-20 minutes, depending on size of brussels sprouts. Shake and gently stir half way through, about 8 minutes into cooking. Make sure you shake at the halfway mark! You don’t wan to end up with uneven cooking. Continue to air fry the brussels for the remainder of the time, or until the brussels are golden brown and cooked through.
- Check earlier if needed to make sure brussels sprouts don't burn or shake/toss more often for even cooking (about 3 times). Or cook a little longer if needed to get everything crispy. Add additional salt and pepper if needed on the brussels sprouts and enjoy!
More Easy and Healthy Air Fryer Recipes:
CLICK HERE FOR ALL OUR–> AMAZING AIR FRYER RECIPES
What are the Best Air Fryers?
There’s so many on the market now. You just need to research and find the ones that fits your needs, capacity and style. We group the basket style air fryers into 2 main size groups: 3-4 qt. range & the 5-6 qt. range. There’s oven style and basket style. With so many to choose from, we highlight the ones that are most popular for small to medium sized families. Here’s our favorites:
Good Mid-Sized Air Fryers
“That’s a stylish Air Fryer” was said as we unboxed the Cosori. Beyond being stylish, it has cooked great. The basket is not as tall and wider than most in its size group, which is perfect. You’ll have a lot better results in an air fryer with single layered, spread out foods, then with ones piled high and thick.
The non-stick basket style (non-wire base) & smoothness of the basket tray is also great for clean up.
Has a great ceramic coated basket, one of the longest lasting we’ve used. Super powerful fan that will often cook recipes even faster than other air fryers. We initially returned our first one because we thought we wouldn’t like the basket style. After reconsidering, we bought another and are super glad we did. We love it’s basket and just a platform insert. One less bulky thing to wash. This is a great air fryer.
Good Larger Air Fryers
This is quickly becoming one of our favorite larger basket style air fryers. Great basket size, good controls, cooks nice. Clean up is great. It has become one of our kitchen favorites.
Most of us are familiar with the Instant Pot Brand of pressure cookers. They now make air fryers and it has become a regular in our kitchen. The Vortex plus 9-in-1 is beyond the conventional air fryer. The “plus” boasts features beyond the hot circulating air: Broil, Bake, Dehydrate, Rotisserie, Roast and Re-heat.