If you’ve never had a grilled pork steak, you’re in for a real treat! Brush an extra layer of bbq sauce before serving and it’ll be an instant grilling hit!
This tender grilled pork steak recipe is super fantastic and the texture is outstanding. Pork steaks are usually more inexpensive when compared to beef steaks and always super juicy. These pork steaks are cut from a large 3-4 pound pork butt or also known as pork shoulder or boston butt. The meat to fat ratio is great and that’s what gives these pork steaks their juicy and tender bite. Often times regular loin cut pork chops can be dry and tough when cooked on the bbq, but the marbled fat in these pork shoulder steaks keeps the meat extra tender, juicy and super flavorful! Add your favorite marinade and then brush on some extra bbq sauce before you serve these pork steak and everyone will be surprised at how delicious and tender a grilled pork steak can be. You can usually find pork shoulder steak pre-cut in your grocery store or butcher. If not, just buy a whole pork shoulder (pork butt, boston butt) and slice then to your preferred thickness. They’ll be the hit at your next bbq or grilling party and it’s a great way to have pork that’s super juicy. No more dry grilled pork chops! You’ll be obsessed with how great these grilled pork steak taste. Click Here or more –> Grilling Recipes or BBQ recipes.
Watch how delicious this Grilled Pork Steak cooks!
Click Here for All our —> Amazing Pork Recipes
Click Here for All our–> Grilling and BBQ Recipes
Here’s a great Asian pulled pork recipe for taco Tuesday!
Check out a Few of our Favorite BBQs & Tools:
Some tools, grills, and smokers make BBQ and grilling all the more enjoyable. Here’s some of the favorites:
Avoid BBQ Tool Sets. We’ve yet to find a set where we love everything in it. Either the spatula or the tongs or the brush is wonky. Or there is stuff in there that is never needed. Do yourself a favor and just buy what you need a la carte. For grilling tongs, these bad boys are awesome.
Have a grilling or BBQ question, you’ll most likely find an answer here. The most comprehensive grilling & BBQ book we’ve ever found, by far. He breaks down the science and myths, the tools, solid recipes, perfecting techniques, what’s BBQ competition tricks aren’t worth the extra time at home, and much more. You will be grill & BBQ enlightened.
Grilling should never be confined to the daylight. Love this BBQ light. Good brightness, solid magnets plus clamp option. We’ve gone through 1/2 dozen different grilling lights before falling in love with this one. Be ready to grill all night long.
Love this offset smoker. Solid construction. Isn’t perfect, but with a couple easy modifications it will smoke as well as the $1k + smokers. Can use the main chamber also as a regular charcoal grill. Love using it as a regular grill using lump charcoal or briquettes. Huge cooking surface.
One of the best for the money. Solid gas grill! Nothing like the quick convenience of a good gas grill.
We love these basting brushed. Clean up super easy, hold a solid amount of sauce. Our go-to basting brush.
Grilled Pork Shoulder Steaks
- 4 pork shoulder steaks ,(aka pork butt or blade steaks) sliced 1/2"-3/4" thick
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) oil
- 4 large cloves garlic , minced
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) fresh cracked black pepper
- In bowl combine oil, garlic, soy sauce, onion powder, brown sugar, salt and black pepper. Add pork steaks and coat them evenly in the marinade.
- Cover the bowl and marinate pork for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Pre-heat grill on medium heat *see head note. Scrape the grill grates to make sure they are clean.
- Cook steaks for 6-10 minutes per side or until nicely charred and cooked through (turning the pork steaks several times every couple minutes will actually help cook them quicker and more evenly-it just needs more attention which isn’t a bad thing considering the flare-up nature of the pork steaks).
- Serve hot and scrumptious straight up, or for sandwiches, on rice etc…