Grilled Pork Shoulder Steak
If you’ve never had a grilled pork steak, you’re in for a real treat! Brush an extra layer of bbq sauce before serving and it’ll be an instant grilling hit! Our bbq pork steaks recipe is a hit for your next outdoor dinner.
Tips on How To Grill Pork Steaks
They’ll be the hit at your next bbq or grilling party and it’s a great way to have pork that’s super juicy. No more dry grilled pork chops! You’ll be obsessed with how great these grilled pork steak taste.
This tender grilled pork steak recipe is super fantastic and the texture is outstanding. Pork steaks are usually more inexpensive when compared to beef steaks and always super juicy. These pork steaks are cut from a large 3-4 pound pork butt or also known as pork shoulder or boston butt. The meat to fat ratio is great and that’s what gives these pork steaks their juicy and tender bite. Often times regular loin cut pork chops can be dry and tough when cooked on the bbq, but the marbled fat in these pork shoulder steaks keeps the meat extra tender, juicy and super flavorful! Add your favorite marinade and then brush on some extra bbq sauce before you serve these pork steak and everyone will be surprised at how delicious and tender a grilled pork steak can be.
You can usually find pork shoulder steak pre-cut in your grocery store or butcher. If not, just buy a whole pork shoulder (pork butt, boston butt) and slice then to your preferred thickness.
Video: How to Grill Pork Steaks
Grilled Pork Shoulder Steaks
- 4 pork shoulder steaks , (aka pork butt or blade steaks) sliced 1/2"-3/4" thick
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) oil
- 4 large cloves garlic , minced
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) fresh cracked black pepper
- In bowl combine oil, garlic, soy sauce, onion powder, brown sugar, salt and black pepper. Add pork steaks and coat them evenly in the marinade.
- Cover the bowl and marinate pork for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Pre-heat grill on medium heat *see head note. Scrape the grill grates to make sure they are clean.
- Grill pork steaks for 6-10 minutes per side or until nicely charred and cooked through (turning the pork steaks several times every couple minutes will actually help cook them quicker and more evenly-it just needs more attention which isn’t a bad thing considering the flare-up nature of the pork steaks).
- Serve hot and scrumptious straight up, or for sandwiches, on rice etc…
Nutrition Information per Serving
Favorite BBQs & Tools for Making Smoking and Grilling:
Some tools, grills, and smokers make BBQ and grilling all the more enjoyable.
Oklahoma Joe’s Reverse Flow Offset Smoker –
Love this offset smoker. Solid construction. Isn’t perfect, but with a couple easy modifications it will smoke as well as the $1k + smokers. Can use the main chamber also as a regular charcoal grill. Love using it as a regular grill using lump charcoal or briquettes. Huge cooking surface.
Oasity BBQ Light –
Grilling should never be confined to the daylight. Love this BBQ light. Good brightness, solid magnets plus clamp option. We’ve gone through 1/2 dozen different grilling lights before falling in love with this one. Be ready to grill all night long.
Traeger ‘Que Classic BBQ Sauce –
A good sauce is the finish touch to great BBQ. Get a little sweet and heat or check out the rest of their sauce line-ups for other options.
Flame Boss Wifi Temperature Control – A gadget geeks smoking dream. Control your grill and smoker’s temp. from your phone. Adjusts air flow, determines meat temperature. Gadget awesomeness!
Weber Charcoal Chimney Starter –
The perfect way to light lump charcoal or briquettes.
Premium Lump Charcoal –
Burns hotter and longer. Give a great smoke flavor without needing to add wood chips. Our preferred fuel for smoking meats.