Low Carb Air Fryer Scotch Eggs (KETO)
Air fryer scotch eggs are amazing and our whole test kitchen is addicted to these. Loaded with protein and flavor, a batch of air fried scotch eggs is perfect for breakfast and brunch.
Air Fryer Scotch Eggs Recipe
Here’s a free bonus recipe from our Air Fryer Low Carb eBook. You’re going to love these air fryer scotch eggs for brunch or breakfast! Our low carb scotch eggs recipe are boiled eggs wrapped in sausage and then cooked in the air fryer. Air Fried scotch eggs are so easy to make for breakfast, brunch or low carb meal. Best of all, you can learn how to make scotch eggs very low carb or keto by using pork rinds for the crust. Make them ahead of time and eat them for lunch or dinner. They’re great anytime of day!
Watch Air Fryer Scotch Eggs Video
Choose your preferred low carb coating: Crushed pork rinds, almond flour or coconut flour. Make sure to spray the almond or coconut flour coating with olive oil. The thicker the sausage layer, the less likely it is to split during cooking. But if you do this, then just boil less eggs and increase cooking times to make sure sausage cooks all the way through. Scotch egg origins are quite interesting and you can read about the culinary history of scotch eggs here.
How to Cook Air Fried Scotch Eggs Recipe
This Air Fryer Scotch Eggs is one of the many great low carb recipes in our Low Carb Air Fryer eBook here. Every recipe has step by step photos that will be super helpful during your cooking!
- Start by boiling eggs. You can even boil eggs in the air fryer! Recipe here.
- Wrap boiled eggs with sausage (pork, chicken or beef).
- Dip wrapped boiled egg in egg wash and your choice of low carb coating.
- Read the rest of the recipe details below in the recipe box.
- Oven baked scotch eggs? Here’s a baked recipe here.
Low-Carb Air Fryer Scotch Eggs
- 1 pound (454 g) uncooked bulk sausage
- 5-6 hard boiled eggs
- 1-2 raw eggs , beaten
- 1 cup (480 ml) coating choice (crushed pork rinds, almond flour, coconut flour or preferred coating *see notes below)
- Mustard and/or hot sauce oil spray , for coating
- Peel hard boiled eggs. Divide the sausage into 5 or 6 equal parts, depending on how thick you want the sausage to wrap around the egg.
- Flatten each portion into a thin patty about 4” wide. Lay boiled egg in center and wrap sausage around the whole egg. Repeat for all eggs.
- Dip sausage-wrapped egg in beaten raw egg, then in breading. Spray outside of coated egg evenly with oil.
- Air Fry at 400°F for 12-16 minutes, turn halfway through cooking. The thicker the sausage layer, the longer it takes to cook.Cut in half and serve with mustard swipe on top of yolk. Add hot sauce, too, if you want. YUM!
Coating Choice: If you don’t mind a few more carbs, bread crumbs, panko flakes, or crushed crackers work great as breading choices too. For fewer calories, you can omit the coatings (beaten egg & breading). The sausage-only outside is great, too, but make sure to spray outside of sausage with oil.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? FIND MORE IN OUR AIR FRYER ECOOKBOOKS HERE FOR EASY MEALS AND LOW CARB RECIPES! Cook the Recipes, Eat the Delicious Recipes and Live the Life Changing Way to Cook. Click Here for —-> Our Best Air Fryer Recipes