Air Fried Roasted Carrots with Herbs
Have you ever tried air fried carrots? If not, you’re going to love our air fryer roasted carrots recipe. It’s quick and easy to get a fantastic carrot side dish ready for dinner. But best of all, the texture can be al dente or crispy. That’s the wonderful thing about cooking carrots in the air fryer: you cook them to your preferred texture.
Air Fried Carrots Recipe
The best part about making carrots in the air fryer is the flavor of the carrots. The hot circulating air in the air fryer makes the carrots crispy and concentrated with wonderful carrot flavor. The thickness of the carrots varies the cooking time, so just cheep checking on the carrots until they are perfect to your liking! They’re perfect for holidays when you need more oven space. You can save the regular oven for the big roasts and turkey. Air frying the carrots saves so much kitchen space and you can plug it outside and cook it in the great outdoors. 🙂
Video: Watch How to Cook Carrots in the Air Fryer
Can you use frozen carrots?
Sure you can, but the texture will be a little softer, mushy and less “crisp”. So there’s lots of options to this recipe by using either frozen or fresh. Make it to your personal liking and it’ll be a go-to vegetable dish for you during the week.
Tips on Best Carrots to Air Fry
- The best carrots are the skinny tender carrots. They have great flavor and aren’t old or tough like the big thick bulk carrots.
- Also, baby carrots are great too. They’re small, tender and have a wonderful concentrated flavor. So air frying these better carrots will yield optimum flavor and texture during in the air fryer.
- When cutting them try to make them all the same size. This will ensure that they all cook evenly and around the same time.
- Big or tough carrots will be less tender. So it might help to par boil them for about 2 minutes, drain and squeeze out all the moisture. Then follow the rest of the instructions. Par boiling them will help them be a little more soft and not dry/hard.
- Try your favorite spices for extra flavor. We love garlic garlic powder, onion powder, lemon pepper or steak seasonings.
- All air fryer carrot recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Air Fried Carrots Recipe
- Slice the carrots diagonally in 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Combine the olive oil, herbs, salt & pepper in a bowl. Add the carrots and toss to evenly combine. Place the carrots in the air fryer basket.
- Air Fry at 360°F for 10-15 minutes or until they are cooked to your desired texture. If you cut them thicker and they aren't cooked enough, then air fry them for additional 1-2 minutes.
Nutrition Information per Serving
- CLICK HERE FOR ALL OUR–> AMAZING AIR FRYER RECIPES
- Healthy carrot and kale juice
- Air fryer chicken breast recipe
- Turkey breast with lemon pepper and herbs in the air fryer
- Microwave eggs recipe
- We love carrots and found more great carrot recipes for you here. If you make this recipe please share your comments with us in the comment box below. We love hearing how you made these different!