This beef and cheese taco dip might look like for Halloween, but it’s really for all year. If you’re having a halloween party and need a great inspired halloween dip recipe, then this jack-o-lantern dip is perfect. It’s cheesy, warm, filled with beef and taco dip flavors. This awesome recipe for taco dip can easily be made vegetarian by removing the beef. It’s just as good!
Kids adore this dip because it’s festive with the Halloween Jack-o-Lantern face, but it has flavors that kids love too. Best of all, it’s oozy and cheesy, which is always a plus to have on your appetizer menu.
Watch the video making the Jack-o-Lantern Cheesy Been Taco Dip – It’s Spooktacular:
Outside of the halloween theme, all you have to do is to remove the tortillachips for the “eyes and nose”. Now you have the perfect appetizer dip or game day dip or tailgating dip or for what ever the occasion calls for.
This is one of those cheesy taco dips that will truly be loved by everyone. You can serve it as a dip or use it in tacos or burritos. It’s amazing when stuffed inside a burrito because it adds extra wonderful taco flavor to everything else that fills up a burrito. Serve this dip with a side of guacamole or salsa and you have the perfect taco bar for any occasion you want. But while the Halloween season is here, have fun with the jack-o-lantern face because it’s truly fun to look at and delicious to eat!
Serve as a dip or use in tacos or burritos. It's spooktacular!
- 1/2 pound (225g) lean ground beef (it's less greasy than regular beef)
- 1 (15ml) Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 green onions , chopped
- 7- ounce can (198g) diced green chili
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) chili powder
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) paprika
- 1 jalapeño , minced (or to taste)
- 1 cup (240ml) mayonnaise
- 1 8- ounce package (226g) cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt , or to taste
- 8-12 ounces (226-340g) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Serve with tortilla chips or crackers
- 3 Tortilla chips , preferably blue tortilla chips for eyes and nose
- Jalapeño , for stem
- sliced black olives , for teeth
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F
- Reserve and set aside about 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, which is for the topping. Remaining cheese is for the dip.
- Heat pan on medium high, add oil and cook beef until brown. Add green onions, green chili, chili powder, ground cumin, paprika, jalapeño. Cook for about 1 minute until combined.
- Add mayo, cream cheese, salt and remainder of the cheddar cheese. Turn heat to low. Stir for about 2 minutes or until cheeses completely melted. Use paper towels to blot any excess grease released from the beef.
- Transfer dip to a round 8 inch baking dish. Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the top layer of cheese is melted and dip is bubbly.
- Make jack-o-lantern face by using 3 tortilla chips: two for the eyes, one for the nose. Lay black olives to make the teeth and add jalapeño stem on top
- Serve with tortilla chips.