Making fresh ice cream doesn’t get easier than this. Smashed strawberries add so much fresh flavor and texture to this easy no churn, 3 ingredient ice cream strawberry ice cream recipe. All you need are a few ingredients, patience and an appetite for something cool and refreshing on a hot Summer day.
Here’s a fun quickie video:
Based off the popularity of our 3 ingredient creamy chocolate ice cream recipe, this strawberry counterpart has smashed fresh strawberries and a lot of love. Optional ingredients are a few drops of red food coloring if you want that extra pop of color. Without the food coloring, the ice cream is still super delicious and will be a favorite for years to come!
Here’s a link of more of our popular ice cream recipes here.
Easy Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe: No-churn, 3-Ingredients
Yield: about 1 quart
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Based off our hugely popular 3 ingredient creamy chocolate ice cream recipe, this strawberry counterpart has smashed fresh strawberries and a lot of love. Optional ingredients are a few drops of red food coloring if you want that extra pop of color.
We enjoy eating the ice cream about 4-5 hours after it's frozen because it's still slightly soft. Next day is great too. But the longer you freeze it, the more firm and icy it can become. So if it's been freezing for a few days, allow it to soften a bit at room temperature so it becomes easier to scoop. Adapted from our Easy 3-Ingredient Creamy Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe here.
- 2 cups (480ml) cold heavy whipping cream (cold)
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk (not to be confused with evaporated milk)
- 1 pound of fresh strawberries or thawed frozen strawberries, mashed
- (optional) red food coloring to achieve a brighter pink color and few slices of strawberry for garnish
- Mash strawberries in a bowl and set aside. If using thawed frozen strawberries, drain the excess juices and water first, then mash the strawberries. If using fresh strawberries, keep the juices.
- In large mixing bowl of stand-mixer or in a large bowl and using an electric hand mixer, add all the ingredients: heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk.
- Whip the heavy cream mixture on high speed until stiff peaks form (to prevent massive splattering, start out at a slower speed and as the cream thickens, increase the speed). Be careful not to over mix or "break" the whip cream mixture.
- Pour the mashed strawberries into the mixture and gently fold in until combined. (Optional) for a brighter pink color, add a few drops of red food coloring into the mixture and gently stir.
- Pour the whipped mixture into a freezer safe container. We like to use a bread pan. Top with a few slices of strawberries for garnish (optional). Cover and freeze for about 4-5 hours. In about 3-4 hours you can have a "soft serve" type ice cream. If you prefer a more firm texture, freeze for at least 5-6 hours or overnight.