Simple yet elegant, roasted asparagus is a side dish everyone drools over. With the addition of garlic, this roasted garlic asparagus recipe is a popular side dish for any occasion. Let’s start with steak. A fantastic grilled steak needs this fabulous roasted asparagus is the perfect side dish vegetable dish to balance out your great steak. Steak and asparagus goes hand-in-hand for a low carb meal. For seafood such as shrimp, salmon or any filet of fish, this asparagus with extra lemon is awesome with lighter dishes. Add some extra lemon zest on top of this asparagus and the brightness of the lemon will really highlight any type of seafood.
Watch our Roasted Garlic Asparagus Recipe and drool!
Are you vegetarian? Than this roasted asparagus is right up your alley because it’s great on a bed of crisp lettuce for an elegant salad. And if you love breakfast or brunch, roasted asparagus is great on top of scrambled egg toast or on top of wonderful poached eggs. Now that’s a very elegant poached egg and roast asparagus brunch! The possibilities are endless with this super simple roasted asparagus and you can literally eat it at any time of day and it pairs perfectly with all the meals you want to make.
More great salad recipes here and click here –> for asparagus recipes.
- 1 pound Asparagus , tough ends trimmed
- 4 cloves Garlic , minced
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- Kosher Salt , to taste
- Fresh Cracked Pepper , to taste
- Wedges of fresh lemons (optional)
- Preheat oven to roast at 400°F. Lay foil or parchment on baking sheet. Set aside.
- In large bowl, toss together asparagus, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer asparagus on prepared sheet pan. Bake in oven for about 10-20 minutes, or until tender. Adjust your cooking time depending on thickness of your asparagus and your preferred texture.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste if needed. Optional - Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top before serving. Serve warm.