No Bake Peanut Butter Oat Energy Bars
Best No Bake Energy Bars Recipe
Our recipe for no bake energy bars is the perfect snack for so many reasons. First of all, they’re no bake meaning you don’t need an oven or have to heat up the house! Second of all, they’re easy to make and can easily be prepared in less than 15 minutes. You will need to chill these balls for a bit to let them set. But other than that these no bake energy bars and super quick and easy to make! Melted butter, honey and some peanut butter binds the ingredients together to make the bars. But you can totally make these into balls as well if you don’t want to make bars. Just use a small ice cream or cookie release-style scoop to keep the portion sizes consistent. After that, roll the batter into little bite sized balls!
When we made these energy balls for the test kitchen they loved the energy ball shapes more than the bar shapes. So we just might have to re-photograph some pictures to show them as energy balls! Anyways, this is another great versatile recipe because you can add what ever type of dried fruit and dried nuts that you want. These energy bars or balls are totally customizable to what you have in your pantry or what ever your allergies require you to have. Add them to your kids lunch box and they’ll swoon over how delicious these are. These energy bars are healthy too so it’s good for the adults who need a quick pick-me-up before or after a work out.
Video: No-Bake Peanut Butter Oat Energy Bars Recipe
Click Here for –> More Yummy Chocolate Recipes
Amazing –> Delicious Dessert Recipes
Fantastic –> Healthy Salad Recipes
This recipe was originally published in 2018 and updated in 2019 with a new video.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Oat Energy Bars
- 2 cups (162 g) Quick Oats or Gluten Free Oats
- 1 cup (150 g) Dried Fruit , cut into bite size pieces if needed
- 1 cup (144 g) chopped Nuts
- 1/2 cup (90 g) Chocolate Chips or chopped Dark or Milk Chocolate
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Butter
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) packed Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup (113 g) Honey
- 3/4 cup (195 g) Peanut Butter
- Sea Salt or Kosher Salt , to taste
- Line an 8"x8" pan with foil and lightly butter foil or spray with cooking spray.
- Combine quick oats, dried fruit, nuts, and chocolate in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Heat small saucepan on medium heat. Add butter, brown sugar, honey, and peanut butter until butter melts, whisking until mixture is smooth. Pour over oat mixture and stir until completely coated.
- Spread into prepared 8"x8" pan and press firmly down. Lightly sprinkle sea salt on top of bars. Chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Using the foil, lift bars out of pan. Cut in half, then cut into preferred bar width.