Our recipe for no bake energy bars is the perfect snack for so many reasons.
First of all, they’re no bake meaning you don’t need an oven or have to heat up the house! Second of all, they’re easy to make and can easily be prepared in less than 15 minutes. You will need to chill these balls for a bit to let them set, but other than that these no bake energy bars and super quick and easy to make! The combination of melted butter, honey and some peanut butter binds all the delicious and crunchy ingredients together to make the bars. But you can totally make these into balls as well if you don’t want to make bars. Just use a small ice cream or cookie release-style scoop to keep the portion sizes consistent and just roll the batter into little bite sized balls! When we made these energy balls for the test kitchen they loved the energy ball shapes more than the bar shapes. So we just might have to re-photograph some pictures to show them as energy balls! Anyways, this is another great versatile recipe because you can add what ever type of dried fruit and dried nuts that you want. These energy bars or balls are totally customizable to what you have in your pantry or what ever your allergies require you to have. Add them to your kids lunch box and they’ll swoon over how delicious these are. These energy bars are healthy too so it’s good for the adults who need a quick pick-me-up before or after a work out. Click Here for –> More Yummy Chocolate Recipes
These No-Bake Peanut Butter Oat Energy Bars are Delicious & Easy! Watch:
Click Here for –> Delicious Dessert Recipes
Click Here for –> Healthy Salad Recipes
Use whatever dried fruits and nuts you prefer. Our favorites for the dried fruits are raisins, Dried blueberries, cranberries, and dried apricots. For the chopped nuts, our favorites are pecans and roasted peanuts.
- 2 cups Quick Oats or Gluten Free Oats
- 1 cup Dried Fruit , cut into bite size pieces if needed
- 1 cup chopped Nuts
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips or chopped Dark or Milk Chocolate
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons packed Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter
- Sea Salt or Kosher Salt , to taste
Line an 8"x8" pan with foil and lightly butter foil or spray with cooking spray.
- Combine quick oats, dried fruit, nuts, and chocolate in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Heat small saucepan on medium heat. Add butter, brown sugar, honey, and peanut butter until butter melts, whisking until mixture is smooth. Pour over oat mixture and stir until completely coated.
- Spread into prepared 8"x8" pan and press firmly down. Lightly sprinkle sea salt on top of bars. Chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Using the foil, lift bars out of pan. Cut in half, then cut into preferred bar width.