A super easy dessert recipe really should be easy and made of chocolate. That’s why our super easy chocolate mousse recipe is perfect for any gathering, holiday or Valentines day that you want to serve chocolate dessert! Our last Christmas peppermint mousse recipe was a hit so here’s another version without the Christmas spirit in it.
Really guys, it doesn’t get easier than this and best of all, chocolate mousse doesn’t get easier than this. We had to test it several times to make sure it works and had to taste it more than several times to make sure it tasted as good as it looked. So there’s no reason to not make this when you’re looking for a fantastic chocolate dessert recipe.
Easy Creamy Chocolate Mousse Recipe Video!
The key to making this recipe successful is to make sure to not overheat the chocolate morsels too much. Microwave them just enough so that the chocolate chips melt and if they’re too hot, just allow it to cool before adding the whipped topping. You won’t want to have heated chocolate melting down the whipped topping too much. And secondly, you’ve gotta be patient and let the mousse chill completely. It’s so tempting to want to dive into this amazing chocolate mousse before it’s chilled. It will still taste good, but it will be as soft and won’t have that wonderful creamy texture.
If you’re looking to make a larger batch of this, you can easily double the recipe. Just make sure to smooth out all the melted chocolate chips to give the creamy chocoately taste that we’re raving about! This is also the best Valentines chocolate mousse recipe for that very special person or persons. Forget the chocolate strawberries! Go for this mousse and just add extra chopped strawberries on top!
this recipe was originally published in 2017 and re-published in 2018 with an updated video!
See the post above for more recipe details and to watch the video making this easy chocolate mousse. The key to making this recipe successful is to make sure to not overheat the chocolate morsels too much. Microwave them just enough so that the chocolate chips melt and if they're too hot, just allow it to cool before adding the whipped topping. You won't want to have chocolate liquid melting down the whipped topping too much. And secondly, you've gotta be patient and let the mousse chills completely.
- 1 1/2 cups (9 ounces or 255g) chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons (30g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (60ml) whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups (360ml or 180g) whipped topping
- Topping options: sea salt , more whipped topping, fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries or other fresh fruit
- Combine the chocolate chips, butter and milk in large microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 30 seconds, or until the morsels are melted. Keep stirring to help melt the morsels and if needed, and keep microwaving for additional 15 second intervals to melt the chocolate, but don’t overheat the chocolate. Let the chocolate cool completely to room temperature.
- Add whipped topping and continue to fold and stir into the chocolate mixture until everything is combined and smooth. Spoon chocolate mousse into individual serving dishes, about 1/2 cup per person.
- Refrigerate the chocolate mousse for at least 1 hour or until chocolate mousse is set completely. Add topping options: sea salt, more whipped topping, fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries or other fresh fruit