Creamy Chocolate Ice Cream: No Churn, 3 ingredients
Love chocolate ice cream? Ditch the ice cream maker and be ready to have your mind blown on this easy chocolate ice cream recipe.
All you need are 3 ingredients and some patience because it does take about 4-5 hours to chill the ice cream. But hey, it’s an super quick and easy recipe for chocolate ice cream that everyone will enjoy. There’s lots of easy 3-ingredient ice cream recipes out there on the internet, but our version is less sweet but still loaded with flavor.
Video: No Churn Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe:
The technique is simple: add all the ingredients into a large bowl and using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer on high power, you’ll be able to whip up the ice cream in less than 10 minutes. Then, of course, it takes some chill time and what you have is a creamy, rich and delicious chocolate ice cream. What are the 3 ingredients for this chocolate ice cream? Heavy whipping cream, some sweetened condensed milk and chocolate syrup. As an option, add a pinch of sea salt if you like! The sea salt adds a nice contrast to the sweet chocolate flavor of the ice cream.
This recipe is made to be a little less sweet than most out there, as it only uses 1/4 the amount of sweetened condensed milk. You’ll get plenty of sugar-rush from the chocolate syrup, but if you’ve got a sweet tooth, then add a little more sweetened condensed milk if you like. Everyone who has tasted this version of our easy chocolate ice cream realize that it’s so good without all the sugar from the sweetened condensed milk.
If you want to make it over-the-top good, add a drizzle of chocolate syrup. We did in the video! Enjoy. Craving more chocolate recipes? Here’s one of the best chocolate cake to die for and a link of more of our popular ice cream recipes here.
How to Make Ice Cream Awesome Tools:
Although for this recipe you don’t need an ice cream churner, most recipes will need one. Here’s a few of our favorites + an awesome waffle cone maker:
Recipe originally published in 2015. It was updated with new photos, video, and recipe format in 2018.
Creamy 3-Ingredient, No Churn Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups (480 ml) cold heavy whipping cream (cold)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sweetened condensed milk (not to be confused with evaporated milk)
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) chocolate syrup
- (optional) pinch of sea salt
- In large mixing bowl of stand-mixer or in a large bowl and using an electric hand mixer, add all the ingredients: heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, chocolate syrup and/or sea salt (optional).
- Whip the chocolate heavy cream mixture on high speed until stiff peaks form (to prevent massive splattering, start out at a slower speed and as the cream thickens, increase the speed). Be careful not to over mix or "break" the whip cream mixture.
- Pour the whipped mixture into a freezer safe container. We like to use a bread pan. Cover and freeze for about 4-5 hours. In about 3-4 hours you can have a "soft serve" type ice cream. If you prefer a more firm texture, freeze for at least 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Now eat and enjoy this creamy, luscious, delicious dessert! And add extra chocolate syrup on top if you like!