Video for Broccoli & Cheese Chicken Egg Rolls Recipe
This broccoli and cheese chicken egg roll recipe is an absolute favorite of kids and the big kids (adults!). It’s loaded with the classic combination of broccoli with cheese that so many eaters love, even veggie-haters. Rolled into a crispy chicken egg roll (or spring roll), the melted cheddar cheese and flavors of healthy broccoli makes a great appetizer or simple chicken dinner. The fun part about this chicken recipe is that you can add extra cheese for the added gooey-cheesy goodness. And the broccoli adds a different touch and flavor to the classic vegetable egg rolls that uses the typical cabbage and carrots.
It’s a great way to get kids to eat broccoli and it’s the perfect finger food for parties. If you want to make a large batch, plan ahead by making the mixture the day ahead and let it marinate in the fridge. Upon day of cooking, all you have to do is to roll the egg rolls, fry them up and serve them to the hungry crowd!
The recipe uses sharp cheddar cheese, but you can use your favorite melting cheese. You can also make this into a spicier broccoli and cheese chicken egg roll by using pepper jack cheese. Another fun cheese option is to use aged cheddar, swiss cheese, gruyere or emmentaler for added flavor. You really can’t go wrong with mixing up the broccoli cheese flavors. Just remember to not add to much cheese, or else the egg rolls will ooze out too much cheese into the oil, causing a big mess. Some more chicken egg roll recipes online are Food’s chicken and cheese egg rolls and Megan’s Chicken Broccoli Egg rolls
Watch video for Chicken Vegetable Egg Rolls to see as a guide for Rolling and Frying
Watch Video for Hoisin Peanut Dip for these Chicken Egg Rolls
Broccoli Cheese Chicken Egg Rolls
Yield: Serves 4-6
Total Time: 30 min
Read post for more recipe details
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cups chopped broccoli floret (chopped small so that they don't puncture rolls)
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- about 6-8 oz grated cheese, add how ever much you like.
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Hoisin peanut dip , recipe & video here or watch video in the post
- Package of egg roll wrappers or sometimes called "spring roll" wrappers in the freezer section of market.
- oil for frying
- Make the filling: In large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix together well so that all ingredients are well combined.
- For the Rolling:
- Using egg roll wrappers or spring roll wrappers, add about 2 Tablespoons of chicken filling to each wrapper. Tuck and roll the wrapper around the filling (please watch the video in the post above to learn how to roll even and tight rolls). Brush the top corner of the wrapper with water or beaten egg to help seal the wrapper end, and then finish rolling the egg roll. Repeat for all the egg rolls.
- Fill large frying pan heat oil to about 350°F. Fill about 1/2 inch of vegetable oil.
- Without crowding the egg rolls in the pan because they will stick together if placed too close, slowly add egg rolls to frying pan.
- Fry each side of egg roll for about 3 minutes or until crisp and brown. Turn and cook other side of egg rolls.
- When golden, remove from hot oil and blot on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve warm with hoisin-peanut dip.
- You can also wrap these chicken vegetable egg rolls in lettuce and them eat them as lettuce egg roll wraps!