Easy Cranberry Sauce
We love cranberry sauce in any shape and form. This popular sauce from the can is a classic family favorite and so many folks have enjoyed canned sauce for generations. That’s great to stick to tradition, but have you tried making your own fresh homemade ? You guys, there’s a whole world of new flavors for you to enjoy and its super simple. Our fresh cranberry sauce recipe is really simple, just like so many other fresh recipes. Seriously, it’s only three ingredients and the flavor are tremendously fresh, amazing and delicious. Wow, after you taste what comes out fresh, you’ll be amazed at how much for bright and flavorful your Thanksgiving turkey can be.
Video of Fresh Cranberry Sauce
Recipe Using Fresh Cranberries
This fresh cranberry sauce has a hint of orange zest and orange juice which brightens this sauce wonderfully. The flavors of this cranberry sauce is fruity and fresh and the texture is something you can totally control yourself. Mash it down more or keep it chunky, you decide! And you can also control the amount of sugar too so you can customize the flavors to what ever you like.
You won’t believe how easy and amazing this homemade recipe is! Geez, it’s ridiculous how just a few ingredients will make one of the freshest and most delicious Thanksgiving side dishes ever. If you’re used to the canned cranberries because you don’t like to cook, then please give this fresh cranberry sauce recipe a try. All it takes is a sauce pan and dump all the ingredients in at once. Cook the sauce until the cranberries start to pop and soften and thicken. Within a short time, you’ll taste the cranberry sauce and go WOW! It’s delicious!! This sauce is also great on top of deserts and ice cream. It’s actually amazing on vanilla or chocolate ice cream. So you might want to make and extra batch just for the deserts if you eat it all up with the turkey. Enjoy more holiday recipes here and appetizer recipes here.
Easy Cranberry Sauce with Orange
- 12 ounces (340 g) fresh Cranberries or thawed frozen cranberries
- 1 cup (200 g) white Sugar , or to taste
- Zest of 1 medium Orange
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) fresh Orange Juice
- Pinch (Pinch) Salt , optional
- Heat sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add all ingredients (cranberries, sugar, orange zest, orange juice, and optional salt) to pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low simmer, stirring constantly.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until cranberries pop. Remove from heat and place sauce in a bowl.
- Cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools. Serve at room temperature with all the Thanksgiving trimmings and enjoy!
Click here for —> Great Holiday Recipes
Here’s more Thanksgiving recipe ideas for the Holidays!