What are hasselback potatoes? They are an impressive looking type of baked potato, where the potatoes are sliced, but not all the way through. They are cut about halfway through into thin slices then baked or roasted and what you get is a very handsome and delicious potato. What you get is a crispy top that’s like french fry texture or baked potato chip texture and on the inside, you get the creamy goodness of a regular baked potato. So it’s like the best of both potato worlds all in one bite. Best of all, you can dress it and top it with extra butter, sour cream, cheese, chili or what ever your heart desires. They don’t take much effort or work to make at all. The only challenge is to make sure to not cut through all the way when making the thinly sliced tops. Just use two ends of wooden spoons to help keep your from cutting all the way through. Watch our video for guidance on this and you’ll be able to whip up sliced batch in minutes! This is great for parties because you can slice medium sized potatoes and lay them all in a casserole dish. Bake the whole dish of potatoes and it serves a bunch of hungry people. Just have all your toppings on the side and everyone can dress up their hasselback potatoes themselves. Click Here for yummy –> Favorite Potato Recipes
Watch how to make these cute hasselback potatoes:
CLICK HERE–> 3-CHEESE MASHED POTATO BAKE RECIPE IS A TOP RECIPE.
Click Here for –> Best Ever Roasted Potatoes
CLICK HERE–> SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE WITH CRUNCHY NUT TOPPING IS A THANKSGIVING FAVORITE!
CLICK HERE FOR OUR INSANELY DELICIOUS —> MUSHROOM GRAVY SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE!
- 2 pounds baking potatoes (@ 4 large or 8 medium Yukon, Russett, Red, Gold, etc…)
- 1/4 cup butter , melted (1/2 stick)
- kosher salt or sea salt , to taste
- Black pepper , to taste
- 3/4 cup grated cheese , whichever you prefer (fresh grated parmesan, cheddar, blue cheese, Swiss, etc…)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- sour cream , (optional topping)
- butter , (optional topping)
- Chopped green onions or chives , (optional topping)
- Pre-heat oven to 425° F.
Slice each potato crosswise about 1/8” apart, but be careful to not slice the potato all the way through. Leave about 1/4-inch of the bottom of the potato un-cut so it can hold the shape of the potato intact.
- Brush melted butter over the potatoes, making sure to brush in-between the slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place potatoes in a baking dish or on a sheet pan lined with foil or parchment. Bake for about 1 hour 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender all the way through.
- Remove from the oven and top cheese on the potatoes. Bake potatoes for an additional few minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with sour cream, butter and/or chives.