These grilled chicken teriyaki skewers with pineapple recipe is a Summer bbq hit! These are made with a teriyaki glaze that’s flavorful simple and easily adaptable to any grilled or bbq recipe.
Easy Chicken Teriyaki Skewers
First of all, you can use the glaze on roasted chicken, meats and other veggies. Secondly, the possibilities are endless. Our teriyaki glaze or teriyaki marinade is fantastic with a balance of savory and sweet. And finally, with our recipe, you can customize the level of sweetness to your preference by adding more or different spices. It’s a sauce that will be your go-to chicken teriyaki recipe to be used on anything you want from salads to a bed of ice. If you need a great potluck dish to bring to a grilling party, these grilled chicken teriyaki skewers with pineapple will definitely be a hit. The combination of chicken teriyaki and sweet pineapple cooked to the perfect char is irresistible.
Video of Chicken Teriyaki Kebabs:
The fantastic flavors that the grilling gives to these chicken teriyaki skewers is just amazing. It’s hard to not eat 2-3 chicken teriyaki skewers per person so be prepared to have plenty of these grilled teriyaki chicken skewers with pineapple to share. Serve these with a great salad, side of corn or bed of rice. You’ll soon find out that these will be on your regular rotation all summer long.
Click here for our–> Best Grilling & BBQ Recipes
Our popular and –> Delicious Chicken Recipes :
Here’s some more great chicken recipes and chicken teriyaki recipes.
Favorite Grill & BBQ Stuff:
Avoid BBQ Tool Sets. We’ve yet to find a set where we love everything in it. Either the spatula or the tongs or the brush is wonky. Or there is stuff in there I never need. Do yourself a favor and just buy what you need a la carte. For grilling tongs, these bad boys are awesome.
Have a grilling or BBQ question, you’ll most likely find an answer here. The most comprehensive grilling & BBQ book we’ve ever found, by far. He breaks down the science and myths, the tools, solid recipes, perfecting techniques, what’s BBQ competition tricks aren’t worth the extra time at home, and much more. You will be grill & BBQ enlightened.
Love these basting brushes. Clean up easy, holds a solid amount of sauce. They are our basting go-to’s.
this recipe was originally published in 2018 and re-publihsed in 2019 with an updated video!
We prefer to use chicken thigh meat, but feel free to use whatever cut you prefer. Thigh meat will tend to be juicier than breast.
- 1 -1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken , cut into 2” pieces
- 1 cup cubed pineapple
- 3-4 green onions , cut into 2” pieces or 1 chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- chopped cilantro , garnish
- In bowl combine olive oil, teriyaki sauce, garlic powder/minced garlic and onion powder. Whisk until combined.
Reserve some marinade for brushing after cooking. Add the chicken into the rest of the marinade, then cover the bowl and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat. Scrape the grill grates to make sure they are clean.
- Skewer the chicken, pineapple and onions on the skewers. Brush extra marinade on the skewers, especially over the pineapple and onions.
- Grill the skewers for about 2-4 minutes per side, or until slightly charred and the chicken is cooked through.
- Brush additional fresh teriyaki sauce (not the marinade the raw chicken was in) over the skewers. Sprinkle sesame seeds and cilantro. Enjoy!