Sheet Pan Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Garlic
Our sheet pan roasted brussels sprouts is a reader favorite! It’s loaded with bacon and garlic flavors. Perfect for a potluck, Sunday supper or Holiday side dish.
Sheet Pan Brussels Sprouts Recipe
First of all, there’s so many sheet pan roasted Brussels sprouts recipes that get passed around as favorite Thanksgiving or holiday appetizer side dishes. From different variations like adding dried fruit, cheese and nuts it’s hard to decide what to make. From our test kitchens, we’ve found that an all around favorite and easy brussels sprouts recipe is simply with bacon, garlic and balsamic vinegar. That’s what this sheet pan roasted brussels sprouts is all about, a future holiday favorite for your family. Finally, it’s the best brussels sprouts recipe for bacon lovers!
Different Sizes of Brussels Sprouts
Remember, all brussels sprouts vary so much in size and it’s hard to really pin point the most consistent cooking time. You’ve gotta play it by ear when you cook them in the oven. Best advice we can give you is to make sure to choose all the brussels sprouts to be the same size when you buy them because if they’re all the same size, you’ll have consistent cooking for the whole batch. These are the perfect and easiest Thanksgiving side dish that everyone will love. Another option to make it extra delicious is to add some freshly grated parmesan cheese on top when you take them out of the oven and while they are still warm. Finally, that’s an amazing addition that you can’t go wrong with. Enjoy!
Video: Sheet Pan Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Garlic
Learning How Make Sheet Pan Brussels Sprouts is So Easy
- Remember to cut the sprouts as evenly as possible. This will allow them to cook evenly. If you cut some pieces too small, they’ll burn before the larger pieces are cooked.
- It starts with crisp bacon, fragrant garlic and slowly caramelized brussels sprouts by being baked in the oven. We love using smoked bacon for extra flavor and use fresh crushed garlic. If you don’t have fresh garlic then garlic powder will work.
- Adding a little bit of balsamic vinegar as well will add a bit of acidity and tang. Voila!
- What you get after about 40-45 minutes in the oven is an amazing side dish that’s fragrant and delicious. Some ovens cook hotter then others. So check the brussels sprouts about 30 minutes into the cooking time then see if they’re cooked to your liking. Add additional time if necessary. We like our brussels sprouts on the crispy and caramelized side. So we usually cook them a little longer, closer to 40 minutes.
- This just might be the brussels sprouts dish to bring all haters to lovers. All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Sheet Pan Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds (685 g) Brussels sprouts
- 4-5 slices bacon , cut into small pieces
- 3-4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) balsamic vinegar
- salt , to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- Preheat oven to Roast or Bake at 400°F/205°C.
- Wash and rinse the brussels sprouts. Peel the loose, outer leaves. Trim the end, then cut brussels sprouts in half.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. Slowly cook bacon pieces until fat is released, but bacon is still soft and not crisp yet.
- Remove skillet from heat. Then add minced garlic, balsamic vinegar and stir until combined.
- Place brussels sprouts piled in the middle of the sheet pan. Pour bacon oil mixture onto the brussels sprouts. Gently toss until the brussels sprouts are evenly coated with bacon oil. Spread the brussels sprouts into one even layer on the sheet pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes, then gently toss and mix the brussels sprouts.
- Bake brussels sprouts for another 20 minutes, or until the brussels sprouts are tender and bacon is crisp. Add additional salt and pepper to taste if needed. Serve warm.
More Easy Recipes
- Here’s our Amazing—> Brussels Sprouts Gratin Recipe
- Always a Classic –> Amazing Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- Try Our —> Cheesy Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
- A Winner! –> Skillet Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Sausage and Parmesan
- Super popular : Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Lemon Parsley Dressing is super fresh.
- Below: Sriracha marinade on brussels sprouts? Yes! Recipe Here.
- Health benefits of brussels sprouts
- This recipe was originally published in 2016.