These Rudolph the reindeer peanut butter cookies are super cute and fun of the holidays! In fact, we call them Rudolph and Friends because all the different colored candy noses are his friends. You don’t want to waste any of the colored candies so why not use them for the rest of his reindeer friends? Everyone loves these for Christmas cookies and it’s really one of the most fun and easy Christmas cookie recipes out there. All it takes is a fun attitude, a few ingredients and some help decorating and what you have it a platter of Christmas Joy!
Watch the video making the Peanut Butter Rudolph Reindeer Cookies:
The mini pretzels are used for the antlers and you can basically use any shape you want for the antlers. You can use the whole pretzels for the peanut butter cookie antlers, or you can break them into different shapes. Rudolph and his friends can all have a unique antler and look.
We used m&m peanut candies for the noses and saved the big red ones for Rudolph noses. The rest of the colors were used for the rest of this reindeer friends. Some recipes use red gummy candies for the reindeer noses, but we find that the peanut m&m’s work best because the flavor goes well with the peanut butter cookies. These cookies also pair perfect with a glass of cold milk. In fact, don’t serve these without the milk because they’re not the same! The rich peanut butter flavor of these cookies taste so much better when they’re washed down with milk. Or if you love coffee, serve it with a hot cup of joe.
Make sure to leave some out for Santa because he would love these when he comes down the chimney. And for your Christmas parties, everyone would love these too because they’re not just fun to look at, they’re delicious!
- 3/4 cup creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted Butter , at room temp. (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- M&M's for the noses , we used the peanut ones
- Chocolate Chips for the eyes
- Mini-Pretzel Pieces for the antlers
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Wet Ingredients: Using hand mixer or in a mixer with a beater blade, mix together peanut butter, butter, and brown sugar until fluffy. Reduce speed to medium and mix in egg and vanilla extract until combined.
- Dry Ingredients: In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt until well combined, about 20 seconds. Stir into peanut butter mixture until combined.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2" balls and place on lined sheet pan 2" apart. Flatten the balls slightly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are just lightly browned. Remove from oven and immediately place eyes, noses, and antlers into cookies. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.