It’s crazy to think about how one of our favorite vegetable side dishes is truly the easiest. Roasted tomatoes with garlic is way too simple and yummy to pass up for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. Roasted to a nice char, these tomatoes take on a very smoky and rich flavor. They’re perfect with our breakfast or brunch eggs, fabulous as a side to a lunch salad and the perfect side dish to a steak or grilled meat/seafood dish. We’re obsessed with these and so are our friends. These also make a fabulous roast garlic tomato sauce. Just chop them up to your favorite textures and jar them for use in sauces and tomato soup later. Roasted garlic tomato soup is another fabulous way we like to use these tomatoes. The possibilities are endless and delicious. Roasting the tomatoes also makes awesome use of tomatoes that are just mediocre when raw. The roasting concentrates the flavors making an ok tomato-great. More great Vegetable Recipe Here.
Video of our Easy Roasted Tomato Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds Roma Tomatoes , halved
- 4 cloves Garlic , peeled
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil , for coating
- Kosher Salt , to tastes
- Fresh cracked Black Pepper , to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (optional) dried Herbs or fresh chopped Herbs (Basil, oregano, thyme, etc...)
- Pre-heat oven to 425° F *see headnote.
- Lay aluminum foil on sheet pan and place all tomatoes cut side up. Add garlic. Drizzle olive oil on top of tomatoes and garlic. Sprinkle salt and pepper (and herbs if you want) on top of tomatoes and garlic.
Roast tomatoes for about 30 minutes, or until the tomatoes are roasted and slightly brown or charred on edges.
Serve with breakfast eggs, steak, chicken seafood or anytime you want an awesome side dish, or blend up into a sauce.