Chocolate Cookies with Peanut Butter Chips
We’ve been obsessed with making a great chocolate cookie and didn’t rest until we made them fantastic. After making about 5 dozen of these chocolate cookies with peanut butter chips, we finally nailed the texture that we were hoping for!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
What we were wanting to achieve was a great soft and slightly chewy cookie that wasn’t dense or too cakey. So many chocolate cookies we’ve tasted were dry and more cakey than cookie texture. These other cookies we tasted always were like a dense, flat and dry piece of cake. But after much research, testing, re-testing and tasting, our chocolate cookies are exactly how we like them and hope you like them just as much. They’re rich and full of chocolate flavor but not too sugary sweet. Our goal was to have a cookie with great flavor, without all the sugar. The texture is soft and slightly chewy with awesome bites of peanut butter chips. Even if you slightly over baked these cookies a bit to make them more firm, they’ll still be delicious. Make them for parties or your next gathering. Everyone will devour these chocolate cookies so quick that you’ll have to make a double batch. Everyone loves chocolate and peanut butter and so do we!
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies Video:
Check out our Favorite Cookie Balling & Baking Tools:
After baking tons of cookies, here’s some of our favorites to ball and bake:
More dessert recipes and salad recipes.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups (220 g) all-purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup (65 g) unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) Kosher Salt or Sea Salt
- 1 cup (225 g) unsalted Butter , softened to room temp.
- 1/2 cup (110 g) packed Brown Sugar
- 1 cup (200 g) Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Vanilla Extract
- 10 ounces (285 g) Peanut Butter Chips (1 2/3 cups)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a couple sheet pans with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk or sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until well combined, about 1 minute. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.Stir in the flour mixture until just combined. Stir in the peanut butter chips.
- Scoop 1 1/2-inch sized balls of dough onto the lined sheet pans, spacing them about 1 1/2-inches apart. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cookies are just set and lightly browned. Let them cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Here’s more peanut butter recipes for ya!