Roasted Cauliflower “Hummus” – Low Carb!
If you’re looking for a low carb dip, our roasted cauliflower hummus is perfect! It’s low carb and keto friendly.
Roasted Cauliflower Hummus
We’ve always been addicted to fresh homemade hummus and after different versions we were wanting to experiment with something new. Thinking about a low carb version that can still be vegan and plant based, we thought about all the possibilities of cauliflower. So voila, the experiment to make a really good cauliflower hummus recipe was in pursuit. After a few experiments, we realized that roasting the cauliflower brought the best concentrated flavor and texture to this awesome healthy “hummus”. After another trial, our roasted cauliflower hummus recipe is truly amazing and delicious! Everyone we shared it with was blown away at how delicious and easy it was to make.
Roasted Cauliflower “Hummus” Recipe: Watch the Video
Easy Keto Hummus Recipe
It was especially exciting to know how low carb this cauliflower “humus” is and there is no loss of flavor nor texture. Best of all, it’s keto. We roasted the cauliflower to a nice crisp and color. All the excess moisture is cooked out and what’s left is a purely delicious roasted cauliflower flavor. With the addition of fresh garlic, tahini and other spices this fantastic low carb “hummus” was a true hit. It’s great for everyone who needs a paleo hummus or are on the keto or ketosis diet. Spread it on a sandwich for another awesome flavor. It definitely replaces all the usual dairy spreads like mayo or cheese. Seriously, you don’t need any of the dairy because this cauliflower “hummus” spreads and is jam packed with flavor to replace your cheese. Enjoy! More Hummus Recipes Here and Vegetarian Recipes.
Roasted Cauliflower Hummus
- 1 medium Cauliflower , cut into small pieces
- Kosher Salt , for roasting cauliflower
- Black Pepper , fresh cracked if possible for roasting cauliflower
- 1/2 cup (60 ml) Olive Oil , plus additional for roasting cauliflower
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh Lemon Juice , to taste
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Tahini Paste
- 2 cloves Garlic , chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 ml) Kosher Salt , or more to taste
- Optional , Black Pepper for garnish
- Optional , Paprika for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, toss together cauliflower with a light coat of olive oil. Lay cauliflower in single layer on prepared sheet pan. Season cauliflower with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool until comfortable to touch
- In blender combine all ingredients (roasted cauliflower, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, tahini paste, garlic, and salt). Blend until smooth, if necessary stopping blender a few times and stirring mixture to help it blend smooth. If needed blend in one tablespoon additional olive oil at a time to make the hummus creamy and smooth.
- Taste the dip and add more salt and pepper if needed. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to overnight, allowing the flavors to marry. Hummus will keep for several days stored airtight in the refrigerator.
- Serve dusted with optional black pepper and/or paprika and with your favorite pita bread, vegetable crudités, crackers, chips, toast, or fried bread.
More Easy Hummus Recipes:
- You’ll Love our Green Goddess Hummus Recipe
- Love Spicy? Our Sriracha Hummus Recipe will rock your world
- Everyday Creamy Hummus Recipe is amazing
- More awesome low carb recipes here for ya! If you made this recipe please share in the comments below. Or share your photo with us on social media. We’d love to see!