Spicy Sriracha Hummus Recipe in 15 minutes
Here’s a spicy sriracha hummus recipe that has just enough heat to make you want to eat more. Best of all, it’s loaded with Sriracha hot sauce.
Spicy Hummus Recipe
If you’re in the mood for a quick bean dip recipe for an appetizer at a party, this Sriracha hummus recipe will do the trick. And it’ll leave everyone wanting to lick the bowl. This homemade hummus recipe is so quick and easy. All it takes is a good blender to smooth out all the delicious ingredients. After a few minutes, you have a wonderful hummus dip. Now you can dunk and dip your favorite vegetables, bread, crackers or pita bread. It’s that simple, delicious and super flavorful. If you want to make it extra flavorful, just add more garlic. And of course, more hot sauce if you need more heat!
Watch the video for making the Sriracha Hummus!
Best Type of Bean for Hummus
What to Serve with Spicy Sriracha Hummus?
- Soft pita bread
- Pita Chips
- fresh vegetables like carrots, celery or cucumber
- toasted bread
- potato chips
- bagel chips
Spicy Sriracha Hummus Recipe
- 15 ounces (420g) canned garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup (120ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) soy sauce (use Tamari for Gluten Free)
- 1 teaspoon (10ml) sesame seed oil
- 2 cloves garlic , roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup water (60ml) (optional, if needed)
- salt , to taste
- In blender combine all ingredients except for the water (garbanzo beans, olive oil, sriracha sauce, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame seed oil, and garlic). Blend until smooth, if necessary stopping blender a few times and stirring mixture to help it blend smooth. If needed add one tablespoon of water at a time to make the hummus creamy and smooth or to your desired consistency. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the blender to get all the mix down to the bottom. Rubber spatulas work better than wooden spoons. Taste for seasoning and blend in a little salt if desired.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to overnight, allowing the flavors to marry. Hummus will keep for several days stored airtight in the refrigerator.
- Serve with your favorite pita bread, vegetable crudité, crackers, chips, toast, or fried bread.