Juicy Milk Pork Chops with Mustard Sauce
Best Pork Chops Recipe Braised in Milk
We love good pork chops especially juicy porks and hope you do too. Our recipe for milk braised pork chops will blow your mind because they’re tender and not tough or chewy. Pork chops recipes don’t get juicier than this. Braised in milk, mustard and delicious spices, these pork chops come out super tender, moist and juicy. By searing the pork chops first, it creates a nice crust. Then braising it in the creamy milk creates an outstanding juicy chop that’s hard to beat. You can use bone-in or boneless pork chops. Make sure to adjust cooking times based on the thickness of your pork chops. No two pork chops are the same size and thickness, so keep checking the pork to make sure they’re cooked through.
Video of our Juicy Pork Chops Recipe !
The best part about this pork chop recipe is that the pork is cooked in the sauce, so it’s really hard to over cook them and make them dry. The sauce is also fantastic and if you want gravy, you can make it out of the sauce! Just add some butter and flour. Then whisk the sauce until it thickens. This results in an awesome milk and mustard gravy that will take the pork chops to a kick ass level. Please don’t waste the gravy because it’s great for another meal especially if it’s on a baked potato. Yum!
Juicy Milk Pork Chops With Mustard Sauce
- 2 pounds (910 g) pork chops , bone-in or boneless
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) paprika
- kosher salt or sea salt , to taste
- fresh ground (fresh ground ) black pepper , to taste
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) butter divided
- 4 cloves (4 cloves) garlic minced
- 1 (1 ) bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dried thyme leaves or fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup (60 g) dijon mustard
- zest of 1 lemon
- additional fresh cracked black pepper and salt to taste
Optional For Thicker Sauce:
- Additional 1-2 Tablespoons (15-30 g) butter , to thicken sauce
- 1-2 Tablespoons (15-30 ml) flour , to thicken sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Season both sides of pork chops with ground cumin, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Heat large oven-proof skillet on medium-high heat and then melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Sear both sides of the pork chops until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove pork chops from pan and set aside.
- In same skillet over medium heat, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter, add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add bay leaf, milk, thyme, dijon mustard, and lemon zest. Stir and reduce heat to bring liquid to a low simmer. Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add pork chops back into the skillet and cover with a lid or aluminum foil. Bake the pork chops for about 15-30 minutes or until fully cooked and to your desired tenderness (Different thickness of pork chops will change cooking times).Serve the pork chops with the milk-mustard sauce. Add thyme garnish as an option.
- (optional) For a thicker sauce (gravy), remove the pork chops from the pan. Heat up the pan of milk sauce again to a low simmer. Whisk in a tablespoon or two butter and flour until all flour clumps are removed. Sauce will get thicker as it cooks. Once gravy is thick and creamy, remove from heat and serve immediately.
Click Here for More Pork Recipes and 30 Minute recipes