Creamy Garlic Alfredo Sauce Recipe with Milk- 15 minutes
Learn how to make this easy alfredo sauce recipe in 15 minutes. There’s no reason to buy alfredo sauce in the bottle anymore! Our recipe for creamy garlic alfredo sauce is amazing and the flavors are fantastic! You can’t duplicate this fresh flavor. The sautéed garlic with cheese and milk is fantastic.
Alfredo Sauce Recipe with Milk for Fettuccine Alfredo
Our alfredo sauce recipe uses milk as the base instead of cream, which makes it easier because most people have milk in the fridge. Other recipes use heavy cream for their alfredo sauce, but it’s not a common fridge staple. So that’s why we created this super easy recipe with just milk, a little flour, lots of garlic and parmesan. You’ll love this on pasta, pizza or even just dip some bread in it. YUM! Kids absolutely love this sauce for fettuccini alfredo.
Video: Homemade Alfredo Sauce Recipe
How to Make Homemade Creamy Garlic Alfredo Sauce
It’s creamy easy to make this homemade creamy garlic sauce. Like we mentioned above, we created this recipe using milk with flour to thicken the sauce. Grated parmesan cheese also thickens the sauce as well. If you want to use heavy cream, you can totally do that! Just eliminate the flour part and add the heavy cream to replace the milk. This sauce is perfect for fettuccine alfredo or with your favorite pasta. Watch our step-by-step photos below to guide you through the process. All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Check out all our variations of Fettuccine Alfredo Recipes:
- Vegetarian fettuccine alfredo
- Chicken fettuccine alfredo
- Zucchini noodle recipe with creamy garlic alfredo
Here’s more great pasta sauce recipes to make for your family. If you made this recipe, please share it with us on social media. We’d love to see all your pictures! And please leave a comment below to share how much you enjoy this recipe. Thank you friends!
Creamy Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- 1/4 cup (113 g) butter (1/2 stick)
- 4 cloves (4 cloves) garlic , minced (or 2 teaspoons garlic powder)
- 1/4 cup (30 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (480 ml) milk
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) dried herbs (basil, oregano, thyme, etc.)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) dried mustard powder
- 1 cup (100 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt , or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) fresh cracked black pepper
- Heat a sauce pan on medium-high heat. Melt butter, then add garlic and cook translucent and fragrant (about 1 minute). Whisk in flour and continue whisking to remove large clumps.
- Slowly whisk in the milk. Whisking often to make sure flour lumps are smooth, bring sauce to a low boil. Then reduce heat to low.
- Add dried herbs, mustard powder, parmesan, salt and pepper. Continue whisking until sauce is smooth and begins to thicken.
- Serve the sauce with your favorite pasta. If you’re saving the sauce for later, allow the sauce to completely cool.
- Pour the sauce into mason jars or a container. Keep in fridge and use within 5 days.