Everyday Creamy and Cheesy Mac and Cheese
This recipe for easy mac and cheese is creamy and full of comfort. All you need to do is to prepare the cheese mixture in an oven proof pot to make it easy. Then the mac and cheese goes directly into the oven. If you don’t have an oven proof pot, then after you’ve made the cheese mixture with the pasta, just transfer it to an oven proof baking dish. And in less than an hour, you’ll have one of the easiest and most delicious creamy mac and cheese recipes ever! For everyday if you’re up to eating it that often!
Video: Easy Mac & Cheese Recipe :
Can You Freeze This Mac and Cheese Recipe?
Yes, you definitely can. We love freezing the leftovers and thawing then re-heating for lunch or dinner. But remember that even when it’s thawed, it’s now going to be as creamy as when it was cooked fresh. We’re still fans. Yes, some folks can eat mac and cheese everyday. As kids, we could have easily made mac and cheese as a top food group and everyday dinner item. If you’re that obsessed then this is the easy mac and cheese recipe for you.
Other Types of Pasta for Macaroni and Cheese
- Small or large elbow macaroni
- sea shell shaped pasta
- Rotini pasta
- curly pasta
- bowtie or farfalle pasta
- Spaghetti or angel hair pasta is great too!
- Fettuccine is great especially if you like fettuccine alfredo. This time, it’s with a cheddar cheese sauce instead of a white sauce.
Everyday Creamy, Cheesy Mac & Cheese
- 16 oz. (455g) package of macaroni pasta
- 1/2 cup (one stick or 113g) butter
- 1 onion , minced (optional)
- 1/4 cup (30g) flour
- 3 cups (720ml) milk
- 16 oz (455g) cheddar cheese , grated
- 1 cup (240ml) grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (60ml) bread crumbs
- minced parsley for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a large 9-inch x 12-inch baking dish - see headnote.
- Boil pasta to al dente according to package instructions.
- While the macaroni pasta is cooking, prepare the cheese and milk mixture. In large pot on medium heat, add butter and onion. Cook onions until soft, then add flour, stirring quickly to combine the flour and onion mixture. Break up all the flour clumps.Add milk and continue stirring to make sure the flour dissolves completely. Allow mixture to come to a boil and sauce will thicken. Remove from heat and add cheddar cheese and about 3/4 cup of the parmesan cheese (reserve remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese for topping).
- Drain your cooked pasta and add to cheese mixture. Gently mix together and pour into baking dish. Add remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and bread crumbs on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted with a nice crust. Top with minced parsley, if desired.
More easy recipes :
- Try Our Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese . Kids love it!
- Mushroom Beef and Rice is a Family Favorite!
- Here’s our collection of Delicious Skillet Recipes
- Amazing maid rite sandwiches you have to try
- Wonderful chicken detox soup recipe
- Yummy Scalloped potatoes
- Check out this easy chili recipe !
- Easy garlic ginger glazed sticky pork – better than take out!