Yes, some folks can eat mac and cheese everyday. As kids, we could have easily made mac and cheese as a top food group and everyday dinner item. If you’re that obsessed then this is the easy mac and cheese recipe for you.
Here’s a quick video making the Easy Mac & Cheese:
This recipe for easy mac and cheese is creamy and full of comfort. All you need to do is to prepare the cheese mixture in an oven proof pot to make it easy. Then the mac and cheese goes directly into the oven. If you don’t have an oven proof pot, then after you’ve made the cheese mixture with the pasta, just transfer it to an oven proof baking dish. And in less than an hour, you’ll have one of the easiest and most delicious creamy mac and cheese recipes ever! For everyday if you’re up to eating it that often!
Everyday Creamy and Cheesy Mac and Cheese Recipe
Yield: Serves 4-6
Total Time: 45 minutes
Please read post for more recipe details and photos. Adapted from White On Rice Couple, "Healthy" Broccoli Mac and Cheese Recipe. To make it all in one pot, prepare the cheese mixture in a stovetop safe and oven-proof pot or dutch oven (cast iron or similar pots). Then add the macaroni and the oven proof vessel goes directly into the oven. If you don't have an oven proof pot, then after you've made the cheese mixture with the pasta, just transfer it to an oven proof baking dish.
- 1 (16 oz or 455g) package of macaroni pasta
- 1/2 cup (one stick or 113g) butter
- 1 medium onion, minced (optional)
- 1/4 cup (30g) flour
- 3 cups (720ml) milk
- 16 oz (455g) cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup (240ml) grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (60ml) bread crumbs
- additional bread crumbs or minced parsley for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a large 9-inch x 12-inch baking dish - see headnote.
- Boil pasta to al dente according to package instructions.
- While the macaroni pasta is cooking, prepare the cheese and milk mixture. In large pot on medium heat, add butter and onion. Cook onions until soft, then add flour, stirring quickly to combine the flour and onion mixture. Break up all the flour clumps.
- Add milk and continue stirring to make sure the flour dissolves completely.
- Allow mixture to come to a boil and sauce will thicken. Remove from heat and add cheddar cheese and about 3/4 cup of the parmesan cheese (reserve remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese for topping).
- Drain your cooked pasta and add to cheese mixture. Gently mix together and pour into baking dish. Add remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and bread crumbs on top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until cheese is melted with a nice crust.
- top with bread crumbs or minced parsley