Asian Chicken Strips with Garlic Chili Sauce
Everyone loves homemade chicken tenders or chicken strips, but these Asian chicken strips with a garlic chili sauce is one of our ultimate favorites. Savory, spicy, and just a touch sweet, they are so good! Toss the chicken strips with the sauce or serve it on the side if someone at the table doesn’t love spicy foods.
Asian Chicken Strips Recipe
One of our most popular and easy chicken strips recipes are made everyday by our readers for lunch and dinner. This time, we’ve created a version that has a delicious garlic chili sauce to dunk all those chicken strips in. Or you can pour this amazing chili garlic sauce over the Asian chicken strips and lick your fingers (and plate clean).
Video for Asian Chicken Strips with Garlic Chili Sauce
These juicy chicken strips are coated in panko bread crumbs for an extra layer of crunchy bite. Seriously, these are so juicy and delicious, you really should prepare to make a double batch when you’re serving friends. Kids love these easy chicken tenders as they are, but the adults love the extra layer of spicy dipping sauce. The flavorful garlic chili sauce recipe is homemade and it’s easy to make a double batch if you have a group of eaters who love saucy chicken strips.
This is a fantastic chicken dinner recipe that fulfills the needs of everyone in the family. Add a nice bowl of green salad or side of rice and you have a complete chicken dinner for everyone to enjoy.
Fry the chicken strips to a nice golden texture
make the delicious garlic chili sauce
Asian Chicken Strips w/ Garlic Chili Sauce
for the garlic chili sauce
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) vegetable oil
- 5 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 large shallot , minced (about 2 Tablespoons)
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) fish sauce (or soy sauce, but fish sauce tastes better! - for gluten-free use tamari sauce)
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) rice vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons (45ml) ketchup
- 1-2 Tablespoons (15-30ml) Sriracha or chili garlic sauce , or to taste
for the chicken strips
- 2 pounds (910g) chicken tenders or chicken strips , patted dry
- 2 eggs , about
- 3 cups (710ml) panko or all-purpose flour you'll need less flour - it isn't as fluffy (for gluten free option use rice flour or corn starch)
- oil for frying the chicken
- Make the sauce: In medium sauce pan, heat and add oil. Then add garlic and shallots, cook until translucent or slightly crisp, but do not let burn. Add fish sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, ketchup and hot sauce. Stir ingredients to combine well.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer the sauce for about 3 minutes. Then remove sauce from heat. If you don't want a thick sauce, add water, one tablespoon at a time to your desired consistency.
- For the chicken strips: In large bowl, beat eggs. In another large bowl add the panko or flour.
- Dredge the chicken: first dredge in egg, then dredge the chicken in the panko or flour. Shake off excess. Optional - Set coated chicken pieces aside on a wire rack for about 15 minutes (helps the batter cling better to the chicken, but this resting can be skipped for time efficiency purpose if desired.)
- In large pot or frying pan, fill oil to about 1-inch high, but make sure oil will not overflow when chicken is placed in. Heat oil to about 350°F.Fry the chicken in batches and do not overcrowd the pan. Be careful placing chicken into hot oil and fry on both sides until crispy and cooked, about 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Add garlic chili sauce to large bowl and toss with chicken tenders to coat well. Or you can dip the chicken strips in the delicious dip. Serve hot.
Enjoy more of these awesome Asian chicken recipes.