Cranberry Blue Cheese Ball
If you love blue cheese, this is the perfect cheese ball appetizer that you will just love! We’re addicted to blue cheese and wanted to come up with another cheese ball recipe that incorporated blue cheese (yay!) and dried cranberries so that each bite was balanced and delicious.
Blue Cheese Ball
Dried cranberries are great for the Holiday so this is the perfect holiday cheese ball to share at your next Thanksgiving or Christmas feast! Full of creamy blue cheese, tangy cranberries and crunchy nuts, this is the cheese ball for blue cheese lovers. They’re perfect for game day, every day, holiday. You name it, there’s always an occasion for blue cheese appetizers. Add these with some bread, crackers or veggies to freshen up the cheese platter a bit. There’s so many options to making this cranberry blue cheese ball recipe the centerpiece of the appetizer spread.
Watch the Cranberry Blue Cheese Ball being made:
Tips for Making Cheese Balls
- Make sure the cream cheese (and for this recipe the blue cheese) is softened before mixing everything together. If you are in a rush, lightly microwave the cream cheese (make sure to remove it from the foil first).
- If you like it saltier, replace the onion powder and garlic powder with onion salt and garlic salt. Don’t forget the blue cheese will give it a nice saltiness too.
- Depending on your gathering, you came make a double batch and have one big cheese ball or make several smaller cheese balls.
- Make the cheese ball at least a day ahead of time for best flavor. It keeps quite well in the fridge. Just keep it wrapped in plastic wrap until ready to use.
- Add the chopped nuts the day of serving for best texture. Roast the nuts for extra deliciousness.
Another great way to eat this spread over toast or in a sandwich! You don’t have to roll it up into a ball. Just add the crunchy toppings in the cheese mixtures and spread it over some grilled bread. A turkey sandwich with this cranberry blue cheese ball spread is fabulous! Add some avocado to the sandwich and you have a killer lunch that everyone at work will envy.
Cranberry Blue Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces (227 g) Cream Cheese , softened (1 package)
- 4 ounces (113. g) Blue Cheese , softened
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) finely minced fresh rosemary (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) Garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.7 ml) Paprika
- fresh cracked Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup (30 g) dried Cranberries , chopped and divided in half
- 1/4 cup (30 g) chopped walnuts , pecans or your favorite nuts
- In bowl, combine cream cheese and blue cheese until well combined
- Add rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, black pepper and 2 Tablespoons of the chopped cranberries. Stir the mixture until everything is combined. Taste the mixture and adjust seasonings.
- Lay plastic wrap on surface and transfer cheese mixture on top. Wrap the plastic wrap around cheese mixture and shape the mixture into a ball. Chill until the cheese ball is firm.
- Combine the remaining cranberries and nuts and on a plate. Roll the chilled cheese ball in the mixture. Refrigerate covered until ready to serve. The cheese ball tastes better the next day after all the flavors are combined.
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs or extra cranberies. Serve with chips, bread, veggies or crackers.
Nutrition Information per Serving
Amazing Holiday & Party Recipes You Must Make!
- Easy Fresh Cranberry Sauce
- Jalapeño Bacon Cheese Ball
- No Bake Creamy Cranberry Pie
- Bacon Cheddar Ranch Cheese Ball
- More of our amazing –> Dip Recipes Here
Here’s more blue cheese dip recipes for ya!