Loaded Chicken Fajita Nachos
Best Loaded Nachos Recipe
So here’s the story behind our loaded fajita nachos: we were fixated with making our favorite fajita tacos one day at the studio and were making extra of our chicken fajitas for the team when we realized we should just throw all the S*%! on a sheet pan, top it with all our extra taco toppings and make it the best loaded chicken fajita nachos recipe that the world has ever seen. Ok, maybe it isn’t the best the world has ever seen, but it sure is darn delicious. It’s loaded to the brim with almost everything you could dream of having on a taco or inside a burrito. Better yet, it’s all laid on and loaded with melted cheese on top of a tray of crispy warm tortilla chips.
Video : Loaded Chicken Fajita Nachos Recipe
Amazing Loaded Chicken Fajita Nachos for Super Bowl
It’s loaded goodness, loaded fun and loaded amazing! So there really isn’t any needed recipe for this other than just lay a bunch of tortilla chips on a sheet pan. The make our easy skillet chicken fajita or our oven baked sheet pan chicken fajitas. Then top it all on the chips with a butt-load of cheese and toppings. Bake it at 375° F until all the cheese melts and you have a party tray! It’s a celebration on a sheet pan that’s perfect for game day, Cinco de Mayo or anything you’re craving an awesome appetizer recipe.
Our Popular recipe–> Easy Skillet Chicken Fajitas
Click Here for our –> Sheet Pan Baked Chicken Fajitas
This recipe was originally published in 2017 and re-published in 2019 with a new video!
Here’s More :
- Amazing Mexican Recipes
- Game Day Recipes
- Honey Mustard Chicken Wing Recipes
- Sticky Asian Chicken Tenders/Chicken Strips
Loaded Chicken Fajita Nachos
For the Chicken Fajitas:
- 1 pound (454 g) boneless skinless Chicken Breast or chicken thighs, sliced into thin strips
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Vegetable Oil (for marinade)
- 3 cloves Garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon (3.75 ml) Kosher Salt , or to taste
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Lime Juice or Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Vegetable Oil or Grape Seed Oil (for cooking)
- 1 Onion , sliced
- 1 Bell Pepper , sliced thin
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper , seeded and minced (optional)
- Make marinade for chicken: In large bowl, combine 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil, garlic, salt, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, paprika, sugar and lime/lemon juice.
- Add chicken to the marinade, then cover and chill for about 20 minutes.
- Cook the Vegetables: Heat a large skillet on high heat and add 1 Tablespoon of oil. Then add onions cook onions until almost soft. Then add bell peppers. Sear the peppers and onion until slightly charred. Add the minced jalapenos (optional).Remove pepper and onion mixture & palce in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cook the chicken: In same pan, add the marinated chicken. DO NOT add the excess marinade juices because it will make the chicken less charred and crispy. But if you want a more wet fajita mixture, you can add the excess marinade at the end.
- Cook chicken until it is cooked through, then add pepper/onion mixture back into the skillet with the chicken. Cook for 1 more minute or until onions are hot and the mixture is combined well.
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Lay tortilla chips over a baking sheet pan. Layer chicken fajitas over the tortilla chips and then layer cheese on top. Bake for about 15 minutes or until all the cheese is melted. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Top with your choice of toppings: guacamole, salsa, sour cream, jalapeños, chopped tomatoes and what ever your heart desires.