Leftover Thanksgiving Stuffing Breakfast Bake
We love leftover stuffing breakfast bake in the morning. Don’t let anything go to waste! The aromas of this Holiday or Thanksgiving Stuffing Breakfast Casserole is amazing.
Leftover Thanksgiving Stuffing Breakfast Bake Recipe
There’s always plenty of stuffing leftover because we probably make extra on purpose. We love this leftover Thanksgiving stuffing breakfast casserole because the savory flavors are fantastic. It’s a quick and easy way to get breakfast ready and to feed the family for the morning-after.
Video: Recipe for Leftover Stuffing Breakfast Bake
Tips for Making Leftover Stuffing Breakfast Casserole
- Add extra cooked sausage or bacon to make the bake with more breakfast meats.
- If you want, add some cooked veggies like spinach, mushrooms or asparagus.
- Don’t season too much because the stuffing can already be salty. So gauge the amount of salt you want to add to the egg and milk mixture based on the seasoning of your leftover stuffing.
- Make sure to use an 8″x8″ square baking pan. This works with our recipe volume and will help spread out the ingredients and not make the casserole too thick or high. If you’re using a smaller baking dish then the casserole will be higher, which means a longer cooking time. If you use a bigger pan, the breakfast bake will be very thin and also quick much faster than the estimated time in the recipe.
Can You Make Ahead This Breakfast Bake?
Letting the stuffing sit overnight in the egg/milk mixture could make this breakfast bake mushy. Yes you can make most of the steps ahead of time, but assemble everything before baking.
- On morning of baking, pre-heat oven as instructed below in the recipe box. Mix the eggs and milk ahead of time and chill. When you’re ready to bake, layer all the stuffing in the baking dish. Pour the egg mixture over the stuffing and follow baking instructions below.
- COOK ALL THE WAY: A quick and easy method is to just completely cook the casserole, let it cool and chill it for the next day. It’s great when it’s re-heated and it will save you time in the morning. If you’re re-heating it, bring it out of the fridge and allow to come to room temperature for about 1 hour. Then re-heat in a pre-heated oven at 350°F for about 15 minutes.
Leftover Stuffing Breakfast Casserole
- 3 cups (600 g) leftover stuffing (about)
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) butter , softened
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) milk
- Salt , to taste
- Black pepper , to taste
- 1 cup (112 g) shredded cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Grease an 8”x8” baking dish with the butter.
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Add stuffing in a single layer the the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle cheese over the stuffing.
- Pour milk/egg mixture over the stuffing. Spread egg mixture evenly across stuffing. If the stuffing floats up, gently press it down into the egg mixture.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until golden and egg is set. Serve warm.