Avocado Roses for Toast or Salads
Have you seen these beautiful avocado roses? This tutorial on how to make avocado roses technique is amazing and super easy. What you get is a gorgeous display of sliced avocados that are perfect for avocado toast recipes and on your favorite salad recipes. So rather than have the standard fanned out avocado slices, this is a creative, artistic and beautiful way to display avocados. It’s like a work of food art!
Watch our video on the recipe write-up to see how it’s made. It’s super cool!
Devour these avocado roses on toast for breakfast for lunch. Our favorite way to eat up these is on salads because it’s a fabulous visual presentation on a bed of crisp greens and vegetables. The key to making these successfully without wasting avocados is to choose the perfect texture avocado. If your avocado is too ripe, it will break apart too much and get smooshy. Try to use a firm, but ripe avocado.
Have fun making these avocado roses. They’re great with kids too because they have a blast making the roses and best of all, they get to eat their creations. It’s the perfect afternoon snack! Another great idea is to do a platter with these avocado roses, top them with roasted tomatoes or salsa. Then serve it with crackers, tortilla chips or crusted bread. It’s a show stopping, gorgeous platter for every occasion. The salsa and chips is great for a Mexican party theme and it’s one of our favorite ways to add color with the salsa on top of the avocado roses. Adding these with a platter of charcuteries and/or cheese plate with toasted bread and crackers is another elegant and beautiful way to eat and display avocados.
How to make Avocado Roses for Toast or Salads
- 1 ripe, but firm avocado
- salt , to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- optional-olive oil , drizzled to taste
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise, remove the seed and gently peel off the skin.
- Lay one of the avocados halves cut side down. Using a sharp, thin-bladed knife, slice the avocado thinly all along the length of the avocado.
- Gently fan out and press the avocado slices to form one long horizontal line. Don’t fan out too much because you still want the slices to over lap each other. Remove the end pieces if they’re too chunky.
- Curl one of the ends of the avocado slices towards the middle and keep turning the slices until a rose is formed. You can gently press down on the outer edges of the slices if you want an “open rose” look where the avocados are more fanned out.
- If desired add salt and pepper, maybe a drizzle of olive oil and enjoy. Or add to a slice of toast or on top of your favorite salad. Enjoy!
Here’s more great toast recipes for ya!