Air Fryer Tater Tots® or Potato Puffs
If you love tater tots, then air fryer tater tots are perfect. These little air fryer potato puffs come out crispy and wonderful in just minutes. It’s a quick and easy snack.
How to Cook Air Fryer Tater Tots ® or Potato Puffs
Crispy air fried Tater Tots ® or potato puffs are so good and easy. This technique is a game changer! You’ll want to make sure to make extra batches because they’re so delicious. They’re hassle free and super easy clean up in the air fryer. All these potato puffs vary in size, so cooking times will vary. Air fryer sizes and models vary too, so you’ll have to make slight time adjustments. Just keep checking to see if the tots or puffs are to your preferred texture.
Video: Air Fried Potato Puffs or Tater Tots ®
Tips for Crispy Air Fried Tater Tots ® or Potato Puffs
- Different types of Tater Tots ® and brands of potato puffs will vary in size. So make some time adjustments and keep checking to make sure the potatoes are to your crispy-preference.
- Lightly oil the surface of the basket or tray of your air fryer.
- Make sure to keep the tots or puffs in a single layer! That’s the secret. You want to make sure the circulating hot air can cook between all the puffs so they can be crispy.
- If you’re cooking back to back batches, the next batches will be cooking quicker because the air fryer is already heated. Hope you enjoy these air fryer tater tots!
Best Dips to Serve with These Potato Puffs ?
- ketchup and mustard
- ranch dip
- sriracha hot sauce
- bbq sauce
Air Fryer Frozen Tater Tots
- oil spray , for lightly coating the basket
- 1/2 pound (454 g) frozen tater tots® (tater puffs, potato puffs, etc.)
- salt , to taste
- ground black pepper , to taste optional
- Lightly spray with oil the surface of the basket or tray of your air fryer.
- Place the frozen tater tots® in air fryer basket and spread them evenly over the basket. (Make sure they are only in a single layer otherwise all the tots might not crisp up).
- Air Fry at 400°F for about 5-8 minutes. About halfway through cooking, shake the basket to toss the tots.
- If needed, cook for additional 1-3 minutes to get to your desired crispness.
- No Oil Necessary.
- Cook Fries Frozen - Do not thaw first.
- Shake several times for even cooking & Don’t overcrowd fryer basket.
- If cooking in multiple batches, the first batch will take longer to cook if Air Fryer is not already pre-heated.
- Recipes were cooked in 3-4 qt air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the recipe might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss the food as directed in recipe.
Check out all Our–> Air Fryer Frozen Food Cooking Times
Hope you enjoy this air fryer potato puffs recipe. Here’s more great Air Fryer recipes here.