Holiday Pinecone Cheese Ball Recipe
Oh the holidays are here and it’s time to make festive foods. Our holiday pinecone cheese ball recipe is the perfect appetizer recipe to line up on your feasting table. Everyone loves a great cheese ball recipe.
Holiday Pine Cone Cheese Ball Recipe
We have so many great recipes for cheese balls, you should check them out here –> Our dip and amazing cheese ball recipes. You can choose your favorite flavor and then shape them into a cute pinecone to make it the perfect festive and holiday-themed appetizer. Slivered almonds coating the whole cheese ball gives a super cute pinecone look! You can also use whole almonds if you like or your favorite nut.
Video of our Holiday Pinecone Cheese Ball:
Make Ahead Holiday Cheese Ball
The best part about this recipe is that you can totally make this ahead of time. You can make it about 3 days before you’re ready to serve it. Just make sure to make it on the dish or platter that you plan on serving it on. That way all you need is to pull the dish out before serving and add crackers. Done! Taking it out to room temp at least 2 hours before serving is ideal so that the cream cheese is soft and spreadable.
Add Herbs for More Flavor!
The rosemary stems give a fabulous festive finished look and everyone really enjoyed the whole presentation. Serve the pinecone cheese ball with your favorite crackers, crudite or bread. It’s a fantastic way to take a simple cheese ball and elevate it to a fun holiday spirit! More Appetizer Recipes Here and Holiday Recipes Here.
This recipe was originally published in 2017 and re-published in 2019 with updated video.
Holiday Pinecone Cheese Balls
- Favorite Cheese Ball Recipe
- Rosemary Sprigs (for garnish) makes it festive
- about 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Lay plastic wrap on surface and transfer cheese mixture on top. Wrap the plastic wrap around cheese mixture and shape the mixture into an oval shape (like a pinecone laying on its side). Chill until the cheese ball is firm.
- Decorated the chilled ball with the slivered almonds layered to resemble a pinecone. Refrigerate covered until ready to serve.
- Garnish with rosemary when ready to serve. The cheese ball tastes better the next day after all the flavors are combined. Can be served slightly chilled or at room temperature (we like the texture & flavor best at room temperature).