Best Pressure Cooker Pot Roast Recipe in Instant Pot
This is the best Instant pot roast recipe in the Instant Pot pressure cooker will blow your mind. It’s not only easy to make, but the results are tender, super juicy and delicious pot roast and vegetables. Pressure cooking is made so much easier with a ton of different new pressure cooker and multi cooker gadgets.
We’ve been cooking with many of them and the first one we want to share first is this recipe for pot roast that is quick and absolutely delicious. The Instant Pot is one of the many pressure cookers that can sear and cook dinner all in the snap of the finger. It has features that can cook in so many different ways: slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker and more. When you’re in a bind and want a quick and scrumptious dinner, pressure cooking is the answer. Each pressure cooker works a little bit differently with different buttons and functions, but this recipe can apply to all pressure cookers. In about an hour, this boneless beef chuck roast becomes a tender and fall-apart-juicy dinner.
Delicious Video of our Easy Pot Roast Recipe
How is Our Pot Roast Recipe Juicy and Tender?
It’s amazing how quickly, when cooked under pressure, meat breaks down and cooks. Even in this short amount of time, there’s tons of flavor in the broth. You can add what ever vegetables you like, just time the vegetables accordingly based on their texture. If you like vegetables that are more firm with “bite”, cook them for less time. The best part about this Instant Pot is that it sears. So much flavor comes from the onions, garlic and beef. So unlike most slow cookers that can’t sear, this one can do it easily AND cook food quickly at the same time. This beef pot roast recipe is quick and the meat is super juicy and tender. Everyone who has tasted our Instant pot beef pot roast recipe has come back for seconds and best of all, have made it for their families to enjoy. Click here for all our great —> Instant Pot and Pressure Cooker Recipes
Best Instant Pot and Slow Cookers for Pot Roast Recipes:
Whether you prefer a slow cooker, pressure cooker, or a multi-cooker, these kitchen counter appliances help make dinner a little easier for the busy household:
Vegetables cook so quick! It’s incredible how delicious and this easy pot roast recipe is. Searing is such a great feature on the Instant Pot.
The pot roast beef is super tender and juicy.
Our popular –> Instant Pot Pork Roast Recipe with Vegetables and Gravy
Click Here for our popular –> Easy Herbed Pot Roast Recipe with Caramelized Onion Gravy
Here’s more awesome Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Recipes and Slow Cooker Recipes
This recipe was originally published in 2016 and re-published in 2019 with updated video.
Pressure Cooker Pot Roast Recipe (Instant Pot)
- 2-3 pounds (907 g) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) kosher salt , plus additional for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) black pepper , plus additional for sprinkling
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil or butter
- 1 medium (1 medium) onion , sliced
- 4 cloves (4 cloves) garlic , minced
- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken broth or beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dried herbs (thyme, oregano)
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) red wine , optional
- 1 pound (454 g) potatoes , cut into 1” cubes
- 4 large (4 large) carrots , cut into 1” cubes
- 3 stalks (3 stalks) celery , chopped
- 8 ounces (227 g) mushrooms , cut in half
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Remaining salt and pepper will be added later to the pot.
- Turn Instant Pot on "Saute" setting and add the olive oil or melt the butter in the pot.Sear beef on both sides until brown, then remove from pot and set aside.
- Add onions and garlic. Saute for 3-5 minutes or until tender and slightly browned.
- Add the beef, broth, tomato paste, dried herbs, Worcestershire sauce, red wine, and remaining salt and pepper. Close the lid and pressure cook on high pressure for 50 minutes. (These are the steps we did for our Instant Pot- Press "Cancel" to stop the "Saute" setting. Press the "Manual" button. Set the time to 50 minutes.) If the chuck roast is about 3 pounds or more, you need to add about 10 minutes cooking time.
- After the cooking time is complete, press "Cancel" and carefully release the pressure.
- Once pressure completely releases, open lid and add the potatoes, carrots, celery and mushrooms. Close lid and pressure cook for an additional 10 minutes. When cooking has finished press "Cancel" and release the steam pressure again. Serve warm.