Garlic Butter Salmon has always been our weeknight favorite quick and easy dinner option. We make the marinade the day before and when we get home, the oven is turned on and within 30 minutes a fantastic seafood dinner is on the table. But our garlic butter salmon recipe isn’t just for busy weeknights. Salmon is a great weekend dish and perfect for those weekend gatherings. If it’s Summer and the weather is great outside, we’ll grill this and the results are even better! If anyone loves seafood, especially salmon this is the recipe you’ll turn to over and over again.
Video of our Delicious Salmon Recipe
The great part about this garlic butter salmon recipe is that you can adjust the flavors to your preference. You can always add more garlic or less garlic. It’s up to you and how much you want to flavor the salmon filet. It’s hard to not love this recipe because it always turns out great. Simple ingredients with a bit of garlic and butter is like the perfect combo for a hearty and homemade meal. It really does beat eating out! Enjoy!
- 14 ounces salmon filets (2 filets)
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh thyme or oregano or mix of both
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill or 1 teaspoon (5ml fresh chopped dill)
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium lemon cut into wedges
- Fresh minced parsley for topping
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with large sheet of aluminum foil that goes past the pan about 3 inches. Place salmon on top of the foil and gather up the sides of the foil.
- In bowl, whisk melted butter, garlic, lemon juice, dried thyme/oregano, dried dill, salt and pepper.
- Pour the marinade over the salmon. Fold the foil over to almost completely cover the salmon. Leave a small opening on top.
- Bake salmon until cooked through, about 15 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon. Adjust cooking times to your preferred salmon texture.
- Serve warm with parsley sprinkled on top and with lemon wedges.