Delicious Mushroom Gravy
Easy Mushroom Gravy Recipe
Here’s a true confession, we’re gravy addicts. Seriously we can’t get enough of mushroom gravy. Our delicious recipe is super easy and that’s quite dangerous. Why? Because it’s so easy to make and super delicious, it’s hard to not want to eat it everyday. We put this stuff on everything. Literally almost everything except for vanilla ice cream. Mashed potatoes (duh), meats, veggies, dipping with bread, you name it, we’ll put it on our savory foods anytime of day. In fact, one of our kitchen team members ate this gravy for breakfast two days in a row just to finish all the recipe testing leftovers! Now that’s total obsession and dedication.
Video: Best Mushroom Sauce Video:
Fresh Mushrooms for the Sauce And Freezing
The amazing flavors of this recipe for mushroom gravy are so pronounced, earthy and delicious that mushroom lovers will relish in every bite, or drink of it if you’re truly crazy obsessed. Sure, there’s definitely mushroom haters out there because they don’t like the texture. But try sharing some of this flavorful mushroom gravy on top of a bed of creamy mashed potatoes or a great grilled steak and see what they think. If they still don’t like this mushroom gravy then too bad for them because that means there’s more for you. And best of all, you can freeze the sauce to save for later. It still tastes amazing when it’s thawed. Enjoy!
Check out more amazing –> Mushroom Recipes Here
This recipe was originally published in 2017 and re-published in 2020 with updated photos.
Delicious Mushroom Gravy
- 6 Tablespoons (57 g) butter (3/4 stick) , divided
- 16 ounces (454 g) mushrooms , sliced
- 2 cloves (2 cloves) garlic , minced
- 1/2 cup (45 g) flour
- 3 cups (940 ml) broth (beef, chicken or vegetable)
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- In saucepan, melt 2 Tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until golden and excess mushroom liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and remaining butter (4 tablespoons). Cook for about 1 minute or until butter melts. Increase heat to high.
- Whisk in the flour, continually stirring to remove lumps. Add about 1/2 cup of beef stock, whisking until incorporated.
- Pour in the remaining broth and whisk until well combined. Continue cooking on high heat until gravy comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, stirring often, simmer until thickened, about 15-20 minutes depending on your preferred thickness. Season with salt and pepper, to taste (the saltiness and flavors will concentrate some when it reduces down).
- Serve on your favorite meatloaf, mashed potatoes or what ever you enjoy.
Here’s more great mushroom recipes to enjoy! We know you’ll love this sauce for any time of year! If you make this recipe, please share with us on our social media channels like Facebook and Instagram. We love seeing your creations! thanks so much and happy cooking to you and your family!