Super Easy Egg Drop Soup
Egg drop soup is a classic Asian soup that’s low carb, high in protein and loaded with flavor! Our recipe is easily going to be your next go-to recipe. It’s similar to the classic Chinese egg drop soup recipe that is enjoyed at Chinese restaurants.
Easy Recipe for Egg Drop Soup
This delicious low carb soup is so simple to make. You’ll be surprised at why you never made it before. Within 15 minutes, you’ll have a soothing pot of clean and brothy soup loaded with protein and flavor. It doesn’t take much to make this soup and it’s satisfying because it’s not overly rich, nor is it loaded with cheese and fat. Our low carb asian soup recipe is clean tasting with extra vegetables added in to make it healthier and more satisfying. If you’ve ever had this egg drop soup in a restaurant and love it, you’ll be even more obsessed that you can make it at home for your family.
Video: Best Egg Drop Soup Recipe
Low Carb Egg Drop Soup
This soup is great for Keto diet because it’s low in carbs and high in protein. If you’re looking for an easy paleo soup recipe, our soup is perfect! You can enjoy a satisfying brothy soup as a side dish. The rich savory flavors will have you craving more because it’s so simple to put together. In just 15 minutes you can enjoy this classic style Chinese soup that’s homemade and quick. If you make this soup, let us know in the comments and tell us what you think! And if you’re in Instagram, tag us and use our hashtag #BestRecipeBox so we can see and share with everyone in our community! Thanks so much friends and enjoy!
15 minute Egg Drop Soup
- 2 cups (480 ml) chicken or vegetable broth for vegetarian
- 1/2 cup (72.5 g) frozen peas , carrots, corn or any combination of these
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) grated ginger (optional for fragrant spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) soy sauce , or to taste
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) corn starch (optional)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) water (optional)
- 2 large (2 large) eggs , beaten
- 2 (2 ) stalks green onions , diced
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- In a pot add broth, peas-carrots-corn, ginger, sesame oil and soy sauce. Bring to a boil then reduce to low heat.
- (optional) Create the corn starch slurry: in small bowl, combine the corn starch and water. Stir to dissolve the corn starch and remove all clumps. Add this mixture to the soup and give it a good stir.
- Add eggs into the soup and gently swirl so that the egg looks like ribbons in the soup. When egg is cooked, add the green onions and remove soup from heat.
- Stir, then taste the soup and add additional salt and pepper, to taste.