Easy 2-Ingredient Butternut Squash Soup
This is truly an easy butternut squash soup recipe. If you love a soup for Fall or Winter this is a great recipe. It’s a keeper because you can keep it just the way it is an dit’s delicious. Or you can change it up a bit to make it more customized.
Easy Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
It’s a fantastic base recipe to one of the most quick Holiday soup recipes out there. And best of all, it’s not too rich and wonderfully healthy. With just 2 main ingredients: butternut squash soup and some broth is what makes this recipe super duper amazing.
A touch of olive oil for searing, and some seasoning with salt and pepper is all you need to make this one of the best butternut squash soups you’ll ever make. It’s like the easiest and healthiest comfort foods you can make that’s satisfying and fuels the soul. If you’re looking for a great paleo soup here it is!
VIDEO: Quick and Delicious Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
Tips for Making Easy Butternut Squash Soup
- VEGAN OR VEGETARIAN: If you want to make it vegetarian, just use vegetable broth.
- If you want a little more flavor, chicken broth is perfect!
- Make sure to add enough salt to the soup. If you under-season the soup it could taste bland.
- Adding some optional ingredients like chopped herbs, croutons or roasted nuts could add a ton of extra flavor.
- There’s so many other additions you can make like some onion, garlic and other spices. But our recipe is great with these 2 easy ingredients and in less than 30 minutes, you have a wonderful soup to add to your weeknight and weekend dinners.
Is It Really 2 Ingredients for this Soup? or 3?
Yes it is. Why do we call it an easy 2 ingredient recipe? Because it really takes just some broth and butternut squash. Usually oil, salt and pepper don’t count as ingredients because they’re basic pantry items that everyone has in their fridge. So this awesome soup recipe is truly easy, quick and crazy good! So yes, we consider this a 2 ingredient recipe. BUT, we’re cool if you consider it a 3 ingredient recipe. 🙂 Thanks for reading!
Easy 2 ingredient Butternut Squash Soup
- Peel and core butternut squash. Cut into 1” cubes
- Heat large pan on medium-high heat. Add olive oil then add butternut squash cubes.
- Cook squash for about 5 minutes until lightly brown on all edges. When the squash is browned, the sweet nutty aroma is enhanced. Add chicken or vegetable broth.
- Simmer butternut squash for about 20 minutes or until squash is completely tender. Do a test “squish” with a fork on one of the squash pieces to see if it’s soft.
- Option 1: If you have an immersion blender, you can blend it at this point.Option 2: If using regular blender, allow soup to cool first until it is safe to handle and transfer. Then add butternut squash to blender and blend until smooth.
- Return soup to pot and simmer on low to re-heat. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with optional toppings and serve warm.
Nutrition Information per Serving
Can You Freeze Butternut Squash Soup?
Yes you definitely can! Freeze it in an air tight container for up to 3 months in the freezer. Don’t wait too long to eat it because it can lose it’s flavor. You can also make this ahead up to 4 days before serving. So if you’re planning to make this soup for the Holidays or a big feast, make it ahead of time and just keep it in the fridge before serving.
More Easy Squash Recipes:
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- Easy butternut squash casserole
- How to cook butternut squash in the microwave
- Garlic Parmesan spaghetti squash
- Baked spaghetti squash with fresh tomatoes
- More now our easy Soup Recipes HERE, Slow Cooker Recipes and Butternut Squash Soup with Truffle Oil.
- This recipe was originally published in 2016 and re-published with updated video!