Easy Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
This is truly an easy butternut squash soup recipe. If you love a soup for Fall or Winter this is a great recipe. It’s a keeper because you can keep it just the way it is an dit’s delicious. Or you can change it up a bit to make it more customized. It’s a fantastic base recipe to one of the most quick Holiday soup recipes out there. And best of all, it’s not too rich and wonderfully healthy. With just 2 main ingredients: butternut squash soup and some broth is what makes this recipe super duper amazing. A touch of olive oil for searing, and some seasoning with salt and pepper is all you need to make this one of the best butternut squash soups you’ll ever make. It’s like the easiest and healthiest comfort foods you can make that’s satisfying and fuels the soul. If you’re looking for a great paleo soup here it is! The holidays will be so much easier when you make this soup to share with family.
VIDEO: Quick and Delicious Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
If you want to make it vegetarian, just use vegetable broth. If you want a little more flavor, chicken broth is perfect! There’s so many other additions you can make like some onion, garlic and other spices. But our recipe is great with these 2 easy ingredients and in less than 30 minutes, you have a wonderful soup to add to your weeknight and weekend dinners. Why do we call it an easy 2 ingredient recipe? Because it really takes just some broth and butternut squash. Usually oil, salt and pepper don’t count as ingredients because they’re basic pantry items that everyone has in their fridge. So this awesome soup recipe is truly easy, quick and crazy good!
This recipe was originally published in 2016 and re-published in 2019 with updated video!
Super simple and easily adaptable. This butternut squash soup recipe starts with 2-main ingredients, butternut squash and broth. But you can add what ever you like to make it extra special and delicious. It's yummy and super easy! The best part are the toppings that you choose to put on top!
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) olive oil
- 4 cups (950ml) chicken or vegetable broth
- kosher salt , to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- optional garnish: sour cream, toasted pumpkin seeds, minced parsley
- Peel and core butternut squash. Cut into 1” cubes
- Heat large pan on medium high heat. Add oil then add butternut squash cubes.
Cook squash for about 5 minutes until lightly brown on all edges. When the squash is browned, the sweet nutty aroma is enhanced. Add chicken or vegetable broth.
- Simmer butternut squash for about 20 minutes or until squash is completely tender. Do a test "squish" with a fork on one of the squash pieces to see if it's soft.
- Option 1: If you have an immersion blender, you can blend it at this point.
- Option 2: If using regular blender, allow soup to cool first until it is safe to handle and transfer. Then add butternut squash to blender and blend until smooth.
- Return soup to pot and simmer on low to re-heat. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Garnish with optional toppings and serve warm.