Zucchini noodle chow mein is a great way to eat low carb when you’re craving Chinese chow mein noodles.
Ditch the take-out when you’re craving chow mien for dinner, especially when you’re looking to eat lighter and low carb. The most easy and delicious answer to these cravings is to make homemade chow mein made with low carb and much healthier zucchini noodles. Zucchini noodle chow mein is a great way to eat healthier when you’re craving Chinese Food. Instead of satisfying that chow mien craving with starchy noodles, zucchini noodles are a great replacement and you can barely tell the difference. What you do experience is a wonderful and flavorful bowl of noodles that are made from strands of spiralized zucchini. Loaded with flavor and crunchy, colorful veggies, eating lighter and low carb doesn’t get more delicious than this! This zucchini noodle chow mein recipe is so easy to make, you’ll wonder why you didn’t find out about it sooner. We’re obsessed with zucchini noodle recipes and this version of zucchini noodle chow mien will be on your list as a go-to easy and healthy recipe. Give it a try and you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how delicious this is! Zucchini noodles are also called Zoodles, so if you’re searching for recipes online just search Zoodle Recipes and you’ll have a whole new world of fun recipes for zucchini noodles to explore and eat! You might not ever return to the starchy egg noodles again! Click here for all our delicious –> Zucchini Noodle Recipes .
We LOVE our spiralizer! Click here to –> Buy Vegetable Spiralizer
Watch our delicious Zucchini Noodle Chow Mein Video:
Click Here for –> Zucchini Noodles with Garlic, Butter and Parmesan Recipe
Click here for –> Pad Thai Zucchini Noodles Recipe
Click Here for –> Creamy Garlic Alfredo Chicken Zoodles Recipe
Click Here for our —> Delicious Italian Zucchini Noodles
Nothing beats tried and true kitchen tools and cookbooks. Here’s some of the favorites:
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or low sodium soy sauce (use Tamari for gluten free)
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar (or distilled white vinegar)
- 1 Tablespoon oyster sauce or hoisin for vegetarian
- 1 tablespoon olive oil , grapeseed oil or any cooking oil
- 1 small onion , diced
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 red bell pepper , thin sliced
- 1 large carrot , julienned
- 1 cup sliced red cabbage
- kosher salt or sea salt , to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- chili garlic sauce , sriracha or hot sauce (optional)
- Make the sauce: In medium bowl combine soy sauce, vinegar, and oyster sauce (or hoisin). Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add onions and garlic, cook until soft.
- Add red bell pepper, carrot and red cabbage. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini noodles and the sauce. Stir everything in the pan until coated and continue cooking until zucchini noodles are tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro, serve with hot sauce.