Healthy Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Lettuce wraps or lettuce cups are a wonderful way to enjoy a healthy Asian meal that’s loaded with fresh flavors and textures. Healthy turkey lettuce wraps are the perfect example of eating a salad in a different form that’s satisfying without all the calories.
Easy Healthy Turkey Lettuce Wraps Recipe
The appeal is the low carb and low fat components to these turkey lettuce cups. Fresh lettuce is cool, crisp and crunchy. Use ice berg lettuce, bib lettuce or any lettuce that allows you to wrap the delicious fillings in. The ground turkey is lean and low fat, which is flavored with all the fresh garlic and spices. There’s so many reasons why this is such a popular recipe for turkey lettuce wraps. One fresh bite and you’ll be hooked and seriously, you won’t miss all the carbs and fat!
Video: Healthy Turkey Lettuce Wraps Recipe:
What Other Meat or Fillings For Lettuce Wraps?
- Ground chicken is great and healthy like ground turkey
- You can use ground beef for a more meaty filling
- If you like pork, you can certainly use ground pork
- Lamb is also flavorful and a great meat option.
- Shrimp is fantastic in lettuce wraps
- Chopped broccoli or cauliflower is a great vegan option!
- Corn is another delicious option
- try impossible meat or beyond meat plant based protein.
Make Ahead Lettuce Cups
You can certainly make this ahead of time. We will often pre-cook the filling and heat it up again. It tastes just as delicious and it’s a great way to meal-prep this recipe for a quick dinner or lunch.
Healthy Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound (454 g) lean ground turkey
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 small onion , diced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) freshly grated ginger (or 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder)
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Hoisin or Oyster Sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) rice vinegar or distilled white vinegar (for gluten free)
- salt , to taste
- ground black pepper , to taste
- 1 bell pepper , diced
- 2 green onions , diced
- fresh lettuce leaves
- In large heated pan, add oil. Add onion, garlic and ginger, and cook until translucent.
- Add ground turkey and cook for about 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add soy sauce, hoisin or oyster sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar and combine with turkey meat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add bell peppers and green onions and cook for about 5 minutes or until everything is combined well and turkey is cooked through. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- You can serve the filling while it's warm, or allow it to cool. Serve with lettuce leaves.
More Easy Recipes:
- Bacon wrapped avocado fries
- Air fryer bacon wrapped hot dogs
- More Healthy Lettuce Wrap Recipes and Easy Asian Recipes
- Click Here for –> Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- Low Carb –> Sriracha Chicken Lettuce Cups Recipe
- Here’s another great lettuce wrap recipe to enjoy!
- This healthy lettuce cups recipe was originally published in 2018.