Easy Healthy Turkey Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Lettuce wraps or lettuce cups are a wonderful way to enjoy a healthy Asian meal that’s loaded with fresh flavors and textures. Healthy turkey lettuce wraps are the perfect example of eating a salad in a different form that’s satisfying without all the calories. The appeal is the low carb and low fat components to these turkey lettuce cups. Fresh lettuce is cool, crisp and crunchy. Use ice berg lettuce, bib lettuce or any lettuce that allows you to wrap the delicious fillings in. The ground turkey is lean and low fat, which is flavored with all the fresh garlic and spices. There’s so many reasons why this is such a popular recipe for turkey lettuce wraps. One fresh bite and you’ll be hooked and seriously, you won’t miss all the carbs and fat! Click Here for —> More Healthy Lettuce Wrap Recipes and Easy Asian Recipes
Video: Healthy Turkey Lettuce Wraps Recipe:
Click Here for –> Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Low Carb –> Sriracha Chicken Lettuce Cups Recipe
This healthy lettuce cups recipe was originally published in 2018 and re-published in 2019 with updated video.
Healthy Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound (454 g) lean ground turkey
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 small onion , diced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) freshly grated ginger (or 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder)
- 1 bell pepper , diced
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Hoisin or Oyster Sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) rice vinegar or distilled white vinegar (for gluten free)
- 2 green onions , minced
- salt , to taste
- ground black pepper , to taste
- fresh lettuce leaves
- In large heated pan, add oil. Add onion, garlic and ginger, and cook until translucent.
- Add ground turkey and cook for about 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add soy sauce, hoisin or oyster sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar and combine with turkey meat.
- Add bell peppers and green onions and cook for about 5 minutes or until everything is combined well and turkey is cooked through. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.You can serve the filling while it's warm, or allow it to cool. Serve with lettuce leaves.
Here’s another great lettuce wrap recipe to enjoy!