Grilled Chipotle Shrimp Skewers with Veggies
Grilled shrimp skewers or shrimp kebabs with chipotle marinade is a wonderful dish that are perfect for tacos!
Grilled Shrimp Skewers
If you’re looking to grill some shrimp skewers with a Mexican flair, our chipotle shrimp skewers are delicious! Simple and flavorful, these bbq shrimp skewers are perfect for your next outdoor gathering or Cinco de Mayo celebration. Loaded with garlic and spices, each bite of the veggies and shrimp will make you wonder why you haven’t made this more often! It truly is an easy chipotle shrimp kebab or grilled shrimp skewer recipe. It takes just a few minutes to cook and you can serve them with some corn or flour tortillas for an amazing taco spread. Or make some simple Mexican rice and beans, and you’ll have a complete and satisfying meal.
Watch our delicious Grilled Chipotle Shrimp Skewers Recipe
If you want to eat healthier, these delicious shrimp can be served on a salad. A shrimp salad is always a crowd pleaser, especially when you have the grilled veggies from the skewers to add to it. Some corn kernels, avocado, salsa and a dollop of sour cream will transition the shrimp into the most incredible and fresh salad ever. Give these grilled shrimp skewers a whirl for your next Summer gathering! Enjoy! More Grilling Recipes Here and More Seafood Recipes Here.
Click Here for all our —> Amazing Grilling Recipes
Check out a Few of our Favorite Grilling Skewers & Other Awesome Grill & BBQ Stuff:
Here’s some of the favorites for grilling skewers and beyond:
Avoid BBQ Tool Sets. We’ve yet to find a set where we love everything in it. Either the spatula or the tongs or the brush is wonky. Or there is stuff in there I never need. Do yourself a favor and just buy what you need a la carte. For grilling tongs, these bad boys are awesome.
Have a grilling or BBQ question, you’ll most likely find an answer here. The most comprehensive grilling & BBQ book we’ve ever found, by far. He breaks down the science and myths, the tools, solid recipes, perfecting techniques, what’s BBQ competition tricks aren’t worth the extra time at home, and much more. You will be grill & BBQ enlightened.
Grilling should never be confined to the daylight. Love this BBQ light. Good brightness, solid magnets plus clamp option. We’ve gone through 1/2 dozen different grilling lights before falling in love with this one. Be ready to grill all night long.
Love this offset smoker. Solid construction. Isn’t perfect, but with a couple easy modifications it will smoke as well as the $1k + smokers. Can use the main chamber also as a regular charcoal grill. Love using it as a regular grill using lump charcoal or briquettes. Huge cooking surface.
One of the best for the money. Solid gas grill! Nothing like the quick convenience of a good gas grill.
Love these basting brushes. Clean up easy, holds a solid amount of sauce. They are our basting go-to’s.
This recipe was originally published in 2008 and re-published in 2020 with updated video.
Grilled Chipotle Shrimp and Veggies
For Shrimp and Veggies
- 1/2 pound (227 g) shrimp , peeled and de-veined
- 1 (1 ) bell pepper , cubed
- 1 (1 ) zucchini or summer squash , cut into 1/2” thick slices
For Chipotle Marinade
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) oil
- 1 clove (1 clove) garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) chipotle powder or 1 chipotle pepper packed in adobo sauce , or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) kosher salt , or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) black ground pepper
- Stir together all marinade ingredients (oil, garlic, chili powder, chipotle powder or pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper) in a bowl or large ziplock bag.Add shrimp to the marinade and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat grill to high heat. Scrape the grill grates to make sure they are clean.
- Skewer the shrimp, zucchini and bell peppers on the skewers. Brush extra marinade on the skewers.
- Grill the skewers for about 2-4 minutes per side, or until slightly charred and cooked through.Serve with salad, noodles, pasta or in tacos! Enjoy!