Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
Our slow cooker chicken teriyaki recipe is a popular dish on the site, but sometimes you don’t have hours to spare and wait for the crock pot to finish cooking. So this Japanese teriyaki chicken recipe is quick, easy and homemade. Once you get a taste of this teriyaki sauce glaze, you’ll want to use it on everything, including seafood and vegetables. We’ve brushed it on top of grilled salmon and it’s always a hit with readers and friends. Make a big batch of it and store it in an air tight jar for a few weeks to all to all your favorite meals. This sauce is great just drizzled on top of hot rice or even pasta.
This chicken teriyaki recipe takes about 2o minutes to make and the sauce alone takes just about 5 minutes to cook. You can use boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs for extra flavor.
Pound down the chicken with the smooth side of a meat tenderizer or for the more adventurous, the flat side of a chef’s knife or cleaver combined with solid whacks from the palm of your hand. Pounding down will help give a even thickness and allow you to cook a little quicker on the outside and still have the center cooked through, giving a juicier chicken.
Once you’ve pan seared the chicken, just brush or drizzle as much of the teriyaki sauce that you want serve it with hot rice, steamed vegetables or with a side salad. It’s a quick, easy and wonderful chicken dinner that your whole family will love.
Japanese Teriyaki Glazed Chicken Recipe
- 2 lbs. (910 g) Chicken Breasts
- Kosher Salt
- fresh cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Cooking Oil (Grape Seed, Canola, etc...)
- Pat dry the chicken breasts. Wrap each breast between two layers of plastic wrap and pound down to an even 1/2" thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add oil, then place chicken breasts in pan. Cook each side until golden, about 5 minutes on each side.
- While the chicken cooks, combine the glaze ingredients in a saucepan. On high heat, bring to a boil. Vigorously boil for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Allow the chicken to cool for 5-10 minutes. Slice into 1/2" pieces, pour glaze over sliced chicken and serve.