Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo: Creamy, Cheesy
It’s time for homemade chicken fettuccine alfredo! We love this cheesy creamy garlic pasta! A big bowl of this amazing comfort food will fuel and soul and make the bellies happy. Kids absolutely love this recipe too and it’s obviously a family favorite.
Best Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
The creamy cheesy sauce is addicting and appealing to everyone of all ages. Best of all, it’s a one-pot, skillet pasta recipe made with classic creamy alfredo sauce. It’s one of the most popular creamy pasta recipes ever and it’s so easy to eat and enjoy. Our recipe uses parmesan cheese, which is the best! But if you want different flavors, try adding some smoked gouda or aged cheddar. Swiss cheese would be great too for adding extra cheesy flavor.
Video: Easy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
How to Make Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe with Chicken
- It all starts with a homemade creamy garlic Alfredo sauce recipe, chicken and fettuccini pasta.
- If you don’t want to use fettuccine, you can use your favorite pasta. From macaroni, penne, spaghetti, angel hair and more, your possibilities are endless.
- To make this healthier, add some of your favorite vegetables! Spinach, broccoli, kale and cauliflower are just a few options to make the pasta more healthy and vegetable friendly. In fact, this is so much better than Olive gardens version because homemade is always better.
- Check out our set-by-step photos to guide you through the cooking process. And all the recipe details are in the recipe box below. Enjoy!
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 pound (454 g) fettuccine or pasta of choice, cooked to package instructions
- 1 pound (454 g) boneless skinless chicken (breast or thighs), cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 Tablespoons (60 ml) butter (divided)
- 4 cloves (4 cloves) garlic , minced (or 2 teaspoons garlic powder)
- 1/4 cup (30 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (480 ml) milk
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) dried herbs (basil, oregano, thyme, etc.)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) dried mustard powder
- 1 cup (100 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt , or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) fresh cracked black pepper
- (optional) extra grated cheese to serve on top
- Cook pasta to al dente according to package instructions, drain and set aside. Reserve some pasta water for thinning out the alfredo sauce if needed later
- Heat a sauce pan on medium-high heat. Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter. Add chicken and sear until all sides are brown and cooked, about 5-8 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken pieces.
- Remove chicken from pan. Add remaining 2 Tablespoons of butter, then add garlic and cook translucent and fragrant (about 1 minute). Whisk in flour and continue whisking to remove large clumps.
- Slowly whisk in the milk. Whisking often to make sure flour lumps are smooth, bring sauce to a low boil. Then reduce heat to low.
- Add dried herbs, mustard powder, parmesan, salt and pepper. Continue whisking until sauce is smooth and begins to thicken.
- Add the pasta and the chicken in the alfredo sauce. Stir to coat everything with the sauce. Add a little pasta water to thin out the sauce if needed. Add additional salt, pepper or cheese on top if needed.
Check out all our–> Easy Pasta Recipes!
Here’s some of the Favorite Creamy, Saucy Recipes:
- Skillet Creamy Garlic Chicken with Broccoli
- Creamy Garlic Alfredo Chicken Zucchini Noodles
- Classic Fettuccine Alfredo in 30 minutes (Vegetarian)
- Miracle Creamy Garlic Chicken in Slow Cooker
Check out more great Italian pasta recipes here for your family to enjoy! If you make our easy pasta recipe, please share it with us on our social media channels! We love to see your creations. And also, please don’t forget to add your comment below. We love reading your comments.