Someone tasted our skillet cheeseburger mac and cheese. They said it’s like a homemade hamburger helper, but better!
Easy Skillet Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese Recipe
Yup, they’re right and it’s all made fresh and not out of a box. The concept of our skillet cheeseburger mac and cheese recipe is totally similar to the boxed cheeseburger helper. But the spices are more fresh and everything just tastes better. We understand the need for families with kids who love pasta, mac and cheese and cheeseburgers all in one bite. So we have this fantastic and easy mac and cheese recipe. It’s loaded with all the goodness of the cheeseburger, but without the bun and pickles! Parents are raving about how much the kids love this recipe.
Watch Video of our Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese Recipe:
The best part about our homemade cheeseburger hamburger helper is that you can customize the flavor to your preference. Add more onion powder or garlic powder for a pop of extra flavor. Salt and pepper really bring out the flavor of the pasta and meat together too, so don’t be shy about seasoning this skillet of delicious pasta beauty. Your kids and whole family will love this and you’ll wonder why you don’t make this more often because it’s such a quick and hearty meal! Who does’t love mac and cheese, especially will all the cheeseburger patty in it? Hope you enjoy our recipe! We’re sure it will be a family favorite for a long time.
Click Here for —> Delish Pasta Recipes
Click Here for—> One Pot Skillet Recipes
Here’s a healthy broccoli mac and cheese recipe for ya! If you love our recipes, please give us a 5 star review and feedback below in the comments! Thanks so much!
- 1 pound macaroni
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (or as needed depending on the leanness of your beef)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion , chopped (or 1 teaspoon onion powder)
- 3-4 cloves garlic , minced (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt , or more to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese , depending on your preferred cheesiness
- minced parsley for topping , optional
- Cook macaroni to package instructions, drain, then set aside.
- Heat large skillet on medium-high heat. Add oil and then add beef. Break up beed and cook until nearly cooked through, about 3 minutes. Then add onions and garlic and cook until onions and garlic are softened, about 2 minutes. Drain any excess fat if needed.
- Add tomato sauce, milk, salt, pepper and sugar. Bring beef to a low simmer for about 3 minutes for all the flavors to combine. Taste the beef sauce and add any additional seasonings if needed.
- Fold in the pasta and then add the cheese a little at a time until everything combines and cheese melts. Add additional cheese on top if you want and minced parsley.
- Serve warm.