Easy Chicken Taco and Rice Recipe ( Arroz Con Pollo)
It’s the best one-pot Mexican recipe that kids love and the parents will enjoy cooking because it’s easy and quick enough for you to have it finished on the stove top. There are so many chicken and rice recipes, but this one is not only simple, it has flavors that make you crave a margarita with it. All this magic happens in one skillet and after about 25-30 minutes on low heat, dinner is served! You can eat it warm, straight out of the pot and all you might need is side salad to complete the meal. But if you have some warm taco shells, you can easily stuff those shells with this amazing recipe for taco chicken and rice. For a heartier meal to a quick “to go” lunch, you can stuff this into a larger tortilla and make burritos out of it!
Video for One-Pot Chicken Taco and Rice Recipe – One, Done, and Delicious!
Best Arroz Con Pollo Recipe
Yup, it’s that delicious and simple. Don’t forget to add some of your favorite toppings like sour cream, chopped tomato, guacamole, sliced olives, minced cilantro, tortillas and salsa! In fact, you can easily have this as a party dish because all you need to do is to have all the condiments and toppings out on the table. And when this huge, delicious pot of taco chicken and rice is finished, just bring it out to the table and everyone can dive into this amazing Mexican dinner!
Here’s more–> Chicken Recipes
Post originally published in 2016 and re-published in 2019 with new video and recipe format update.
- 2 pounds chicken thighs or boneless skinless chicken breast (cut to your preferred size)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices bacon , cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion , diced
- 4 cloves garlic , minced or crushed
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 14.5 ounces crushed tomatoes , undrained
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt , or to taste (less if the chicken stock is salted)
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- optional toppings: chopped tomato , sour cream, guacamole, sliced olives, minced cilantro, salsa, tortillas
Pat dry the chicken. Cut them to your preferred size and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and then add the chicken. Brown both sides of the chicken until lightly browned. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan over medium-high heat add the bacon and cook until nearly crisped, 3-5 minutes. Stir in the onions and garlic and cook until soft and lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the rice to the pan, stirring to coat the rice completely with bacon oil. Cook the rice until lightly browned, about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the corn, crushed tomatoes , chicken stock, paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the pan to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and then place the chicken on top of the rice. If you’re using chicken thighs, place the chicken skin-side up. Cover the pan and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the rice is tender and chicken is cooked through. Fluff the rice with a fork, taste for seasoning and add optional toppings or stuff it in tortillas for tacos or burritos.