This easy and healthy cauliflower fried rice is a reader favorite because it’s low carb and super flavorful. It’s a fantastic keto cauliflower rice recipe too!
Have you ever wondered how to make cauliflower fried rice? First of all, here it is and it’s super easy. You’ll wonder why you’ve never made cauliflower fried rice before because it really is one of those easy 30 minute recipes. If you love asian fried rice but don’t want all the calories, then try substituting the rice with cauliflower! No joke friends, this truly is a game changer in satisfying your fried rice cravings and keeping it low fat and healthier.
Watch the video: Cauliflower Fried Rice:
How to Make Cauliflower Rice
You can cut a whole head of cauliflower into small bite sized pieces. That’s how we make it and love it because you can have nice bite and texture when you had-cut them into “rice”. When cut into small pieces, cauliflower truly resembles the same bite and texture as rice. This easy cauliflower recipe has minced cauliflower that soaks up all the flavors just like rice, but you doesn’t have all the carbs and calories that rice has. It’s because of all these awesome factors, you can eat more and not feel as guilty!
You can also buy frozen Cauliflower rice or “riced cauliflower” in the frozen section of most grocery markets. They’re readily available in most super markets and Trader Joes cauliflower rice seems to be the most popular.
Healthy and Amazing Cauliflower Fried Rice
This recipe for cauliflower fried rice is super flexible too because you can add what ever you like. Just like any fried rice recipe, this cauliflower version has endless possibilities. Add ground shrimp, chicken, pork, beef or tofu. Add more vegetables if you like. Overall, it’ll be delicious so long as you don’t overcook the cauliflower.
Here’s our Favorite Tools for Cauliflower Rice Recipes:
Good tools make time in the kitchen all the more enjoyable. Here’s some of the favorites:
Food Processor: This is our favorite food processor for home; linked here. It is a great balance between useable size for the average recipe and how much space is needed to store it.
Hand Cut- The secret is to make sure to keep the cauliflower with a good bite and not cook it to be mushy. Another key factor is to hand-mince it to get the perfect texture. You can use a food processor too, but make sure to not overprocess the cauliflower or else it will be mushy. And every kitchen should have a good knife.
Grate the cauliflower: You can also grate the cauliflower to get the rice texture! Whip out the box grater and go to town.
Pre-cut & bagged: You can also buy pre-cut cauliflower in bags in your frozen food section.
Before and After! Here’s the link to the food processor.
Here’s how to make Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe
Here’s more Healthy Recipes from our collection:
Zucchini Noodles with Garlic and Parmesan! Recipe Here.
Low Carb Cheesy Saucy Spaghetti Squash that’s super quick and easy. Recipe Here.
Cauliflower "Fried Rice"
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) cooking oil (olive oil, grape seed oil, canola oil - whatever your preference)
- 1/2 medium onion , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 cup (65 g) diced frozen carrots
- 1/2 cup (75 g) frozen peas
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) soy sauce *for gluten-free use tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) sesame oil
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 green onions , diced
- optional: kosher salt
- more optional vegetables: celery , broccoli, corn, spinach
- Mince cauliflower into very small crumbled pieces, resembling the size of rice or larger because the cauliflower will shrink as it cooks. You can use a food processor to get this texture, but be careful to not process the cauliflower too much or it will become mushy. We prefer to hand mince everything to get the small texture, so it still remains firm when cooked.
- Heat large skillet on medium high heat. Add cooking oil, then add onion and garlic. Cook until soft and translucent.Add cauliflower and sauté until tender, but not mushy soft. Add the peas and carrots and stir until combined.
- Add the beaten egg, soy sauce, sesame oil and black pepper. Stir until the egg coats all of the cauliflower and becomes cooked.If needed, add additional kosher salt to taste. Add green onions and stir until everything is combined. Serve warm.