It’s been a while since we posted a chicken recipe. We didn’t want to inundate you all with back-to-back chicken recipes because we figured you all would need a break and want some sweets and veggies thrown in from time to time. Now we’re back to sharing all our recipes for chicken because we have over 25 new chicken recipes in our archives that we have to unleash!
juicy and amazing creamy garlic lemon chicken!
Today it’s all about baked chicken thighs cause quite frankly, it’s one of our favorite and easy weeknight dinners. Within 30 minutes, we have a quick version of a roast chicken dinner with our favorite cut of chicken, the juicy thighs. Last Spring when we were inundated with lemons from the garden, we made lemon chicken in every form possible. On one evening, we threw together a quick dinner with these oven baked chicken thighs with lemon sauce.
add some pasta to make it a perfect complete meal!
It’s so delicious and easy to make, it’s hard not to eat more than our reasonable sized portion, which is one and a half thighs each? Or maybe two? When we’re hungry, we’ll each eat two. And we don’t ever feel guilty about it!
Watch the video for making the Baked Chicken Thighs with Lemon Sauce:
Here’s a new video version making the chicken with pasta:
Creamy Garlic Sauce Lemon Chicken Thighs
Yield: Serves 2-4
Total Time: 40 minutes
Season the chicken thighs liberally with salt and pepper. The flavor really comes through when you season the chicken well and with the sauce added on top, it's divine!
For the chicken thighs:
- about 2 pounds (910g) bone-in chicken thighs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- (optional) little bit of paprika and ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon (15g) butter
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) Worcestershire sauce
For the lemon sauce:
- zest of 1 medium lemon
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) heavy whipping cream
- optional garnish, 3 tablespoons (45ml) minced parsley
- optional: serve with cooked pasta, noodles, rice, steamed veggies or side of bread.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim excess fat and/or skin around the chicken thighs. Rinse and pat dry the chicken thighs. Season all sides of chicken with salt and pepper. (optional) Season with sprinkle of paprika and ground cumin.
- Heat a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter to skillet and melt. When the butter completely melts add the chicken skin side down and sear the chicken. Cook until the chicken skin is brown and crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and cook the other side for about 2 minutes. Turn off heat and remove the chicken from the pan, then add garlic and Worcestershire to the skillet. Return the chicken to the pan, skin side up. Place the skillet in the oven and bake the chicken for about 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken thighs are cooked through.
- After chicken is cooked, remove it from the skillet. Heat the skillet over medium heat, and then whisk in all of the ingredients for the lemon sauce (lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, dijon mustard, salt, and cream). Add additional salt/pepper to taste.
- Simmer the sauce for about 2 minutes, or until heated through. Return the chicken to the pan and let it soak up the sauce for about 2 minutes. Garnish with parsley, optional.
- Serve the chicken with the lemon sauce over rice, pasta or noodles.