Honey garlic chicken thighs are one of our favorite dinners. It’s quick and easy to make, is loaded with flavor and everyone in the family loves eating them. You can also cook boneless skinless chicken breasts in this recipe and the chicken is still juicy and delicious!
We’ve always used chicken thighs because they’re more flavorful, but any cut of chicken will work. Even if you wanted to try chicken wings, they still taste great! You just need to adjust cooking times. Our honey garlic chicken thighs recipe is finished in the oven, but you don’t have to use the oven. You an still finish cooking on the stove top if you want. Just lower the heat so that the chicken thighs cook all the way through. It’s important to cook on the lower heat so everything is cooked to perfection.
Watch the video making the Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs:
A great way to serve these honey garlic chicken thighs is with some rice or even pasta! There’s enough delicious honey garlic sauce to pour over the rice and pasta. You can also shred the chicken in the sauce and make a fabulous honey garlic chicken sandwich! This chicken stuffed in a sandwich is yummy and you can even add them to sweet rolls for perfect sliders! They can be a full entree or appetizer so there’s plenty of options to gobble up these thighs for any weeknight dinner or serve them up on a party platter!
How to Make Honey Garlic Sauce for Chicken
- Good honey- a good quality honey will give a great taste and consistency
- Soy Sauce – this adds the Umami flavor to the honey garlic sauce. Low sodium is great too
- Garlic – lots of it and we prefer fresh garlic, but garlic powder and granulated garlic tastes great too
- Combine all the ingredients together: Our recipe below will show you the complete recipe.
Click Here for —> More Awesome Chicken Recipes
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In bowl, mix honey, soy sauce and vinegar together. Set aside.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken. Season both sides of chicken thighs with paprika and ground black pepper.
- Heat large, oven-safe skillet on medium high heat. Melt butter, then place chicken thighs skin-side down and sear until skin is brown. Flip chicken and sear bottom side until browned, about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the chicken and cook for about 1 minute, or until the garlic is softened. Remove chicken from heat.
- Slowly add the marinade into the skillet with the chicken.
- Transfer chicken skillet to oven and bake the chicken for about 25 minutes or until chicken thighs are cooked through. Occasionally baste the chicken with the sauce.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley. Serve warm over rice or pasta.