Chicken Chili Quesadillas
When you make a big batch of fresh chicken chili, you’re bound to have plenty of leftovers. This is the chili dinner that keeps on giving because beyond just the wonderful hearty chili as a meal, we’ll use all that we don’t end up eating in other dishes. Appetizers lend very well to chili and we’re never bound to just one meal from our batch of homemade chili. As the big game day approaches, almost everyone ( including us) will have our platters of chicken wings or buffalo wings, but a our big platter of chili quesadillas are equally popular.
Chicken chili quesadillas are usually always on our lunch menu for the day-after chili making. And quite honestly, a basic quesadilla recipe is elevated to star status when you add just a few spoons of chicken chili in it. The flavors of the chili when melted with gooey cheese in a crisp tortilla is addicting. It’s one of the foods that kids love eating and adults love devouring. And it’s the perfect super bowl, game day or any day food. Just remember to have a few bottles of cold beer for the adults and cold milk (or fruit juice) for the kiddies!
Watch Recipe Video for : Homemade Fresh & Healthy Chicken Chili
Chicken Chili Quesadilla
Choose your chicken chili (fresh or roasted chicken)
- 6 ounces (170g) Cheddar cheese or Pepper Jack cheese (about) , grated
- 6-8 (8 inch-20cm) Flour Tortillas
- Add about 1 ounce of shredded cheese on top of a tortilla. Add about 1/4 cup or more (if using larger tortillas) of chicken chili on top of cheese.
- Gently spread cheese and chicken chili evenly around tortilla, leaving a little empty gap at the edges of tortilla. Place another tortilla on top.
- On large heated skillet, keeping the flame on medium-low heat, place the filled tortilla in the pan. Slowly cook the tortilla the first side is golden, then carefully flip over the quesadilla and cook until the second side is golden and the cheese is completely melted.