One Pot Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Pasta
You guys this satisfying chicken enchilada pasta recipe is amazing! Especially if you’re hungry and are wanting to eat pasta with sauce. This hearty one pot pasta dish is perfect for when you’re craving a Mexican recipe with inspired flavors from enchilada.
Chicken Enchilada Pasta Recipe
These flavors go perfect with pasta in this skillet cheesy chicken enchilada pasta. All cooked in one skillet or big pot, it’s the perfect weeknight family dinner for everyone to enjoy. It’s warm, gooey and cheesy with tons of chicken enchilada flavors. So rather than use tortillas to satisfy a craving, you can add delicious tender pasta and still have a meal for when you’re craving Mexican food.
One-Pot Chicken Enchilada Pasta Video
Different types of ground meat
So if anyone in your family is craving chicken enchiladas, try this version! You can also substitute ground beef instead of the chicken to make a beef enchilada version. Or if you don’t want any meat at all and make this a vegetarian version, just remove the meat and it’s still super delicious. For another vegetarian version you can use the vegan plant based meats. The flavor and textures is amazing. The enchilada sauce, cheese and pasta all combined together into one big warm pot will fuel and fill the soul on a cold day. If you have time, try making our easy 10 minutes homemade enchilada sauce.
Skillet Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- 1 lb. (455g) boneless skinless chicken , cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 lb. (455g) pasta (macaroni, rotini or penne), cooked to package instructions.
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) olive oil
- 1/2 onion , chopped
- 3 cloves garlic , minced or 1 teaspooon garlic powder
- 14.5 oz. (411g or @2 1/4 cups) diced tomatoes , undrained
- 15.5 oz. (439g @1 3/4 cups) black beans , drained, rinsed
- 1 cup (140ml) corn
- 20 oz. (566g or @ 2 cups) enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup (120ml) sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt , or to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- 3 cups (12 oz.-340g) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions , chopped
- Optional toppings: extra shredded cheese , sliced black olives, minced cilantro, diced avocado, chopped tomato
- Cook pasta to package instructions. Make sure to cook it on the al dente side since it will cook a little more with the sauce. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Heat pan on medium high heat. Add oil and then add onions and garlic, cook until soft and fragrant. Add chicken and cook until brown on all sides.
- Add diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, enchilada sauce, sour cream, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
- Let sauce simmer for about 3 minutes, then add pasta to the pan. Stir evenly then add cheese. Cover and cook pasta for about another 3 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Add green onions and any desired optional toppings. Serve warm.
Make these Great Chicken & Turkey Recipes
- Chicken in Creamy Mushroom White Wine Sauce
- Stuffed Turkey Breast with Sausage Stuffing
- Stove Top Creamy Garlic Chicken Broccoli Soup: 30 minute recipe
- Amazing Skillet BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Chicken Taquitos- Rolled Crispy Tacos
If you made this recipe please share with us in the comments below. Or share your photos with us on social media. We’d love to see your delicious creations! This recipe was originally published in 2016 and re-published in 2021 with updated photos.