You guys this satisfying chicken enchilada pasta recipe is amazing! Especially if you’re hungry and are wanting to eat pasta with sauce. This hearty one pot pasta dish is perfect for when you’re craving a Mexican recipe with inspired flavors from enchilada. These flavors go perfect with pasta in this skillet cheesy chicken enchilada pasta.
All cooked in one skillet or big pot, it’s the perfect weeknight family dinner for everyone to enjoy. It’s warm, gooey and cheesy with tons of chicken enchilada flavors. So rather than use tortillas to satisfy a craving, you can add delicious tender pasta and still have a meal for when you’re craving Mexican food.
Watch the One-Pot Chicken Enchilada Pasta Video:
So if anyone in your family is craving chicken enchiladas, try this version! You can also substitute ground beef instead of the chicken to make a beef enchilada version. Or if you don’t want any meat at all and make this a vegetarian version, just remove the meat and it’s still super delicious. The enchilada sauce, cheese and pasta all combined together into one big warm pot will fuel and fill the soul on a cold day.
This hearty one pot pasta meal serves 8. But if you want to scale it down to serve 4, this recipe can be halved.
- 1 lb. (455g) boneless skinless chicken , cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 lb. (455g) pasta (macaroni, rotini or penne), cooked to package instructions.
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) olive oil
- 1/2 onion , chopped
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 14.5 oz. (411g or @2 1/4 cups) diced tomatoes , undrained
- 15.5 oz. (439g @1 3/4 cups) black beans , drained, rinsed
- 1 cup (140ml) corn
- 20 oz. (566g or @ 2 cups) enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup (120ml) sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- 3 cups (12 oz.-340g) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions , chopped
- Optional toppings: extra shredded cheese , sliced black olives, minced cilantro, diced avocado, chopped tomato
- Cook pasta to package instructions. Make sure to cook it on the al dente side since it will cook a little more with the sauce. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Heat pan on medium high heat. Add oil and then add onions and garlic, cook until soft and fragrant. Add chicken and cook until brown on all sides.
- Add diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, enchilada sauce, sour cream, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
- Let sauce simmer for about 3 minutes, then add pasta to the pan. Stir evenly then add cheese. Cover and cook pasta for about another 3 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Add green onions and any desired optional toppings. Serve warm.